Private companies getting public mandate...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SNBthetrue, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Hello,

I clearly see a big NO. Why ?

How could a private compagny which aim is profit undertake a public mandate. In fact a public mandate is to serve the people as the gov is; from the people by the people for the people in transparency, right ?

The Gov isn't perfect far from it... however it serves certain necessary role, like imposing regulation on anyone about not damping trash in the river or security... That's why there are a lot of check and balances to try to reduce the possible abuses...

However in a private company everything is private, by this I mean that they can do like they want for a lot of things like accounting practices, pays, hours of work, ease of firing etc...

So it's in a sense clearly two mindsets interacts in the public mandate for a private company... Where values are totally differents. And I clearly trust the power of the market to be able to exploit this easy weakness to generate lot of "fake" profit because done on a mispricing of the prestation. And that's very dangerous because it can lead to mistrust between the people and their government... Individual will always solve problem faster than any kind of organisation due to their liberty and speed of adapation... Faster is bigger; Bigger than ... ? faster than... light :D

The real question for the market and the gov. is how to regain trust from the public... It can take decades to create, and one action to lose it...

and trust, what can we do without it ?