Privacy Erodes Under Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 28, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

The Orwellian state thrives.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department's use of electronic devices to intercept phone numbers, email addresses and online information has climbed by 64 percent since 2009, according to a study of records released under the Freedom of Information Act.

Government data shows that from 2009 to 2011, the combined number of court orders for so-called pen registers and trap and trace devices on phones rose from 23,535 in 2009 to 37,616 in 2011, according to the American Civil Liberties Union.

Though used far less frequently, the combined number of court orders targeting individuals' email and network communications data rose from 360 in 2009 to 1,661 through the end of 2011. When combined, the total intercepts represent a 64 percent increase.
    WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department's use of electronic devices to intercept phone numbers, email addresses and online information has climbed by 64 percent since 2009, according to a study of records released under the Freedom of Information Act.

Government data shows that from 2009 to 2011, the combined number of court orders for so-called pen registers and trap and trace devices on phones rose from 23,535 in 2009 to 37,616 in 2011, according to the American Civil Liberties Union.

Though used far less frequently, the combined number of court orders targeting individuals' email and network communications data rose from 360 in 2009 to 1,661 through the end of 2011. When combined, the total intercepts represent a 64 percent increase.

http://www.washingtonguardian.com/big-brother-listening

2. So, we have too much being done to prevent terrorism? Or Obama is not doing enough? We know we have domestic terror, we know we have domestic terrorists.

The whole Patriot Act is flawed IMO.

3. pspr

pspr

Where does it say anything about terrorism? It's the justice department spying on the lives of everyday citizens. This is just part of Ovomits communist ideals.

4. stoic

stoic

And as I stated in my campaign in 2008 my plan is to "Fundamentally transform the United States of America". I promise to rewrite the American compact, to recast the relationship between government and citizen. Once elected I spoke in Cairo to the Muslim world about "a new Beginning" by this I didn't mean for the Muslims, but for an American change of heart since it was our policies that led to the Islamic attacks of 9/11. I Nationalized health care and federalized education to grant all citizens the freedom from anxiety. Through my policies I made the government partners in major banks and Detroit auto instead of Chapter 11 and have some judge dish out the bitter medicine to the workers and bondholders. I have become the nation's car and credit czar.

Now if reelected, I next plan to shutdown all conservative media outlets via the fairness doctrine. Ban the sale of, and facilitate the confiscation of all firearms held by civilians via The U.N Gun Control Treaty. I guarantee I will continue to promote the themes of class envy and conflict. I can pledge that I will endeavor to advance the concept of social justice, the concept that only government can make everyone's life equal, and advance massive new social programs. To completely nullify the human spirit, ambition, the freedom to be all one can be, and American exceptionalism. My plan is to fund this vast new social safety net through the cash cow of a disguised carbon tax. I will also soak the rich through taxes, and as I have stated, even if new taxes caused a net revenue loss to the government I would do it "for purposes of fairness." I will undertake procedures to assure that any and all constitutional objections to my policies are summarily swept aside via government intervention. To wear away at the very heart of the constitution since it's only an outdated document written by a pathetic "bunch of angry white men, holding on to their guns and religion." And I would like all Americans to know that if reelected I can guarantee that they can rest easy with knowledge that their children, their children's children, and their great grand children, will gladly endure all the Austerity measures imposed by the foreign powers that have financed our debt.

Welcome to Oceania Winston!