Pristine's Advanced Gap Strategies Course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by kmgilroy89, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Daring

Daring

Ok now you toned it down a bit, and looks more realistic.

Thank you ND, as always, you are very helpful.

#11     Nov 22, 2012
  2. Can their strategies be automated? I want to focus my efforts on strategies that I can automate.

#12     Nov 24, 2012
  3. I do not believe you can automate it. This is why they call it the pristine method and not the pristine system. a method incorporates some subjectivity into the equation. The method incorporates looking at higher time frames and then zooming down to smaller time frames all while taking the market into account in terms of a bias.This approach to the market would be very hard to automate. The entry patterns are fixed, but must be taken in conjunction with ever changing other conditions in the market. Pristine does an excellent job at this

#13     Nov 24, 2012
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Edges come and go, why not do both? Unless you are a large hedge fund or an investment bank not sharing your edge ( for $) makes no sense, sooner or later other smart traders with experience will figure out your edge on their own...

#14     Nov 24, 2012
  5. Daring

Daring

Edges don't last as longer when shared, that's why!

Which is way everyone is so secretive in the world of trading.

#15     Nov 25, 2012
  6. Paul Lange taught and showed everyone in the Pristine live chatroom how he traded gaps everyday. He's been doing that ever since he rejoined Pristine in 2010 (he was chief moderator 2000-2007 at Pristine, until he left for VCM/TeamTrading in 2007).

It's ok to be skeptical and say that the gap trading strategies don't work. Paul will still continue to show and trade what he taught in the live chatroom daily as he did for past 12 years.

People can post and say that it won't work or it never worked, that's because they don't know what they don't know. They did their own research or heard from other people that it won't work, and they convinced themselves that it won't work. However, those in Paul's live chatroom can see the proof day in day out with own eyes. Paul don't have to prove to anyone whether his course is good or not. Everyone can watch how he traded gaps in his live chatroom EVERYDAY.

I took his free gap classes on Saturdays as part of VCM prop program between 2007-2010 and that's pretty much what we prop traders did with Paul every morning when New York opens. Say what you want that it won't work, those of us who studied and traded with Paul know what we did or how well we did with gaps everyday. It's not just about some course with fancy slides that you can buy with $1,495 and then instantly you become rich. It's about a systematic way of assessing the gaps and techniques of how to trade gaps. If you don't have 12 years of experience like Paul has in teaching and trading gaps, then sure, you are so correct when you say that gap trading won't work.
    [​IMG]

#16     Nov 25, 2012
  7. There is alot of discretion involved and there is only so much you can do to "rate" or "grade" each gap. Every stock is different and every day is different and every situation is different. We do the best we humanly can with our eyes and intuition, guided by a structured and systematic way of trading gaps.

It's like a chess game. Sure, you can automate and build a chess-playing computer champion. It can be done. But far more unexplainable is how a human mind works and that's where discretionary trading is so difficult to automate.

#17     Nov 25, 2012
  8. You can check out Troy Peterson at http://www.gapedgetrading.com/. He was ex-Pristine student and mentored by Paul Lange for several years back in 2003-2007. Troy runs a hedgefund and now teaches his own revelation of gap trading.

You can also seek out Robert Shapiro at http://www.robshapiro.net/ for private lessons in gap trading, although that would be very expensive. They are all successful disciples of Paul Lange over the years.

Purchasing the Pristine $1,500 course won't instantly make you Troy or Robert. It just gives you a peek into "how I do it". The rest is up to your own experience and aptitude. If you are looking for proven strategies to automate the gap trading, then no, it's not for you. There is alot of discretion involved and the course tried to teach the guidelines as simple as possible, but no simpler. To automate, you probably require alot more robust statistics and fixed rules to create an effective strategy, but for the discretionary manual trading taught in the course, much is left to the human brain (for greater computing power) to assess the gaps using the simple guidelines and 3-tiers rating.

For the skeptical, it would appear that these scammers are out there producing and promoting courses in gap trading. As they say: those who can't trade, teach. But on the other hand, maybe gap trading is a viable trading method and what Paul Lange taught is so effective that his own students are becoming masters of the trade in their own right? I'm sure there are a few other disciples of Paul teaching gaps out there, but for the unconvinced, it would just be another educational outfit to earn fees from the gullible. I like to think the other way ...... YOU can be the next fund manager teaching gaps!

#18     Nov 25, 2012
  9. Your prop trading mentor Sami Abusaad is also an excellent gap trader and what he did each morning is similar to Paul. You won't miss much if you didn't take the gap course, as you can just follow Sami's watchlist and trade with him.

#19     Nov 25, 2012
  10. The guy teaching the gap course is Paul Lange. If you don't know who is Paul Lange, do find out before making stupid comments about "sellers ..... no clue".

Paul has always showed what he did since 2000, in front of live chatroom members at Pristine, then VCM/TeamTrading, then back at Pristine. If you haven't seen or heard how he traded gaps, I feel sorry for your ignorant rants.

As for those asking for the VCM gap slides, sorry, I respect Paul for what he has taught me over the years and will not distribute them. I may post a few more slides for teasers as they are not Pristine copyright, but only to dispel uneducated guesses about Paul's teachings.

[​IMG]

#20     Nov 25, 2012