Pristine

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Daal, Nov 29, 2002.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

LMAO:D

#11     Nov 30, 2002
  2. well,

being evicted a number of times is NOT indicative of good character, honesty or ethical foundation. going BK and coming back is one thing, particularly if you make good on your debts. being evicted numerous times (if it is in FACT true) is something quite different. someone who steals property rights (right of occupancy) is not someone i want to emulate or support. being evicted time and again, and not making good on the debt is not a business failure, it is a failure of character. now that he is prosperous, let's see if he has gone back and made amends to the lessors that he stiffed. a contract is a pledge. a broken contract is a broken pledge/promise. if he has made the lessors whole, then he is a stand-up guy. if he used the law to stiff them, then that speaks for itself.

i can tell you that i have been loaned money from a private party numerous times (numerous loans & numerous proprieties) and i payed it all back, even though i could have sold the properties and walked away. this was during the last real estate depression here in southern california. others stiffed the private lender. my buddy who was the lender's son-in-law had referred friends/borrowers to his father-in-law, and he eventually made good on all the loans that the borrowers walked away on because he felt responsible for the loans/referrals. now that's a stand-up dude!

an expensive suit and smooth delivery do not make the man. character does! so if my children were looking for a referral to a "mentor," someone of poor character would not be on the list! conversely, someone who had suffered through adversity and made good regardless of legalese, might be near the top of the list.

#12     Nov 30, 2002
  3. oops

#13     Nov 30, 2002