Pristine, Worth the $$?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hsvt, Feb 24, 2011.

1. You got me GG1972! I must agree, I have never heard of a successful trader or even a decent human being, for that matter, without a record of a minimum of 500 posts on a website plagued with the culture of posting irrelevant information for a sole purpose of seeing your words appear on the screen. As a matter of fact I'm surprised you did not peg me as a spy carefully cultivated by Pristine' attorneys to protect their reputation. In addition, i have never seen such a congregation of narrow minded "experts" in my life.

Case in point:

joe4422

Quote from hsvt:

thanks. I have spent time but I'm not making money so the question remains do they offer the right stuff regardless of the cost?

There's no such thing as offering the right stuff. If they could, then they would be training monkeys at major money firms. Or dare say, they would open their own major mega money firm.

One of the main and most important rules of trading that I have learned and that has served me well is not to trade if I don't have a good set up. Applied to this situation, don't waste the f***ing bandwidth if you have nothing productive to say. This website would be 90% less voluminous and 100s times more useful if one did not have to sift through 1000s of absolutely meritless posts (kinda like this one).

All that said, I intend to keep my post number down by not engaging in an unnecessary exchange (at least past this one). I know exactly where I stand as a person and as a trader.

By the way, I have no beef with you GG1972, as your post was mostly relevant.

As for hsvt, good luck in your decision and please pm me if you decide to take the course to let me know if you think it was worth it. As I stated before, I believe improving yourself is paramount in this business whether you choose to find a good mentor, good training course or read a bunch of books.

Good luck all in trading.

#21     Feb 26, 2011
  2. I have taken both TPM1 and TPM2. I found that TPM2 is more useful than TPM1. In TPM1 they teach a lot of setups. e.g. go with the trend you buy at 20MA on an uptrend, etc.. Names like Mortgage Play or one thing or another... I can't remember most. In TPM2, Greg Capra had organized the material quite nicely and systematically into different chapters (e.g. Support/Resistance, Moving Averages, Volume, Retracement, Bar By Bar, Market Internals, Gap, Multiple Time-frames, etc.). I found it more useful.

#22     Feb 26, 2011
  3. hsvt

hsvt

Bolimomo,

Thanks for your input. How refreshing to hear from someone who actually has experience with Pristine.

I PMed you

#23     Feb 27, 2011
  4. EricP

EricP

It's a pity that people have to be so gullible here on ET. It's probably not worth the effort to save such folks from the loss of their money. For what it's worth, myself and others that have posted critical comments about Pristine ARE familiar with Pristine, and have experience with Pristine. In fact, I suspect I have a lot more experience with them than anyone posting on this thread to date.

For what it's worth, here is one of several posts I wrote about VCM two years ago, recommending people 'avoid them like the plague'. Sadly, many gullible traders did not, and lost all of their money when the firm went belly up amid allegations of fraud and mismanagement less than 10 months later.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2400252&highlight=Ollie#post2400252

Regarding Pristine, if you've got money to waste, then go for it. Maybe after wasting your money there, you will be wise enough to either quit trading, or quit believing charlatans that promise to sell you the secret to riches (riches that they have been unable to achieve through trading themselves, that is).

#24     Feb 27, 2011
  5. gaj

gaj

people come on about pristine or velez and say "can it really be this bad?", a bunch of people say "yes!" and then they say "oh, i'll go ahead anyhow". why, i have no idea.

i've never taken the courses. however, i've seen many of the videos and have spoken with people who have taken the courses. i have NOT seen the options videos.

i can not think of any pristine video which has any information which is not commonly, easily available for free on the internet.

if you have the discipline to learn and adapt on your own, there is no reason to take the courses.

if you do NOT have the discipline to learn and adapt on your own, you probably shouldn't be trading at all.

#25     Feb 27, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Here's my opinion:

If you got money to waste, don't waste it. Instead, donate it to an organization that works for animal rights.

#26     Feb 27, 2011
  7. hsvt

hsvt

#27     Feb 27, 2011
  8. Dude, I don't know anything about Pristine, but I do know one thing: if an ultra-successful trader was to give me personal advice, I would take it seriously. In fact, I'd be apt to trust his advice instead of trying to disprove it. If you're new to ET you may not be familiar with EricP, but I'd suggest you do some searches in the P&L threads back in '08 and '09, and then rethink whether you will be skeptical of his advice.

I suspect EricP and I trade very differently, but if he were to give me advice, I would take it. I am not on Eric's level, but I do trade profitably, due to thousands of hours of personal study and sacrifice. Having been through it, I don't believe there is any shortcut. I wasted money on snake oil when I was new to this game, and it tought me that all these vendors are selling are dreams and hope. People will pay lots of money to be told what they want to hear.

Here's some free advice that's worth a lot more: lookup the 9/30 method on the trading naked website (google it), spend 4 months trading it risking very small amounts (no more than $2k over the period), record all your observations and thoughts about the method as you have wins and losses, focus primarily on the first pullback after a substantial momentum shift, and look for optimal levels to exit on trend extentions, and you will be much farther along then if you had spent the time studying with a vendor. Since I already know you won't take my advice, I suggest you remember this post and revisit in the future when you feel that sickening feeling in your stomach that you've just been suckered.

#28     Feb 27, 2011
  9. CrazyBoy

CrazyBoy

Pristine as a polished turd?

#29     Feb 27, 2011