Pristine, Worth the $$?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hsvt, Feb 24, 2011.

1. hsvt

hsvt

I'm thinking about signing up with Pristine for their TPM1 course program. Has anyone done this and found it to be a significant component in teaching them how to trade successfully?

I'm not so interested in less expensive ways to do this just want to know if this way works.

2. Wow, Pristine is still around?:D If you like to spend money go right ahead. If you prefer to spend time, do a little research on the mechanics of markets instead.

3. hsvt

hsvt

thanks. I have spent time but I'm not making money so the question remains do they offer the right stuff regardless of the cost?

4. EricP

EricP

Short answer: No

5. hsvt

hsvt

EricP,

Thanks for your opinion. Have you bought their services and been disappointed? What are the shortcomings of the program? I greatly appreciate whatever additional info you can give me.

6. EricP

EricP

Your best bet would be to do an ET search for all thread with "Pristine" in the title. Probably 75% of the posts mentioning Pristine on ET have been negative. A large percentage of the positive comments were made by new 'members' in their first couple of posts on this site (i.e. likely spammers from the firm). Sadly, over half of the Pristine threads and very useful informational posts have been removed by Baron at the request of lawyers who were upset that the honest (but negative) feedback about the firm were adversely affecting their business. My personal experiences with Pristine have supported the negative views of the majority. However, some people learn best by losing, or wasting, money. In such cases, they might be a 'good fit' for a developing trader.

7. GG1972

GG1972

Dont waste your $$ on other people's methods. Try to develop your own and you will be way more confident and successful than someone holding your hand and teaching you how to walk. Learn to look at charts and how stocks behave, there is no shortcuts here.

Learn risk management and money management. Plenty of good threads on this site about what you need to learn in trading. Pristine or any other firm cant teach you those things. You have to inculcate those things in you. The money that you are going to waste on these courses, you can use that to trade live and get experience.

Just my 2c. Lots of snake-oil out there. Buyer beware.

8. If it has/had Olllie Velendez associated with it, its a real POS. The more I heard about him the more he should be bedfellows with Lennie D.

9. EricP

EricP

10. mxjones

mxjones

Don't waste your money. There are a lot of good resources out there that will teach you more for free. Search for the blog threads on ET to find some quality stuff. It is out there, you just have to take the time to find it. Check out traderxblog.com, good stuff with every post if you are in to technical analysis. And there are a lot of others out there as well. There is good stuff here on ET too, but the noise ratio is so high you will have a hard time finding it.

#10     Feb 24, 2011