Pristine Website

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by DonDinero, Aug 9, 2006.

1. thanks guys I did try all the videos, and yes the strategy is great and the way he teaches keeps you alert, but yes this videos is for people how already have some knowledge about TA. First learn TA and some terminology and then buy the dvds.

#11     Sep 20, 2006
  2. I found their book-Master Day Trader-to be very helpful-esp. the chapter on the psychological components. I would recommend u purchase it and Trading For a Living by Dr. Alexander Elder- on amazon.
    Dr. Elder's book is excellent !! And-get Mark Douglas's book-Trading In The Zone too. These should be two permament additions to your library-both very highly regarded. Good luck.

#12     Sep 20, 2006
  3. patch227

patch227

Here's an idea Don. Why don't you sign up for the free trial and make your own mind up instead of letting some name on a website tell you what you should think. YOu will not survive long in the market if you cannot make your own decisions

#13     Sep 20, 2006
  4. The best businesses make it through word of mouth. An opinion is just an opinion and any opinion will not lead me in making a decision. But would just help me in researching more about the company or product.

Don't assume!!!

#14     Sep 26, 2006
  5. patch227

patch227

Beware of your assumptions. Word of mouth in trading is not the same a word of mouth in buying a car.

Many many people on these threads are net loosing traders. They will blame everyone else for their losses instead of the actual cause i.e. their own thinking. remember, trading is totally unique.

What these people don't understand and accept is that if the most talented trader in the world sat side by side with them for 2 weeks showing them EXACTLY what to do, there is a very good chance that they would still not succeed because their thinking is not the same.

So you will see a lot of negative press for companies that is not justified just as you see a lot of negative press that is justified. What that negative press is saying is not "This is a crap product" or "This is a good product" it is saying "This product did not work for me but it may or may not work for you".

You will be amazed when you see two people trying to trade exactly the same system.

So make your own choice!!!!!

#15     Oct 3, 2006
  6. There's two methods that I think work well that Pristine presents, one being the pullback method already described, the other being the 5 minute basing method. Neither are mysterious and are based on trading principles we all know and use anyway.... the former being a run followed by a pullback to support or resistance, the latter being a run followed by a consolidation break. Btw, the pullback method would probably look good on a fib chart.

#16     Oct 3, 2006
  7. hcour

hcour Guest

Not to nitpick, but the Pristine "pullback method" ain't Pristine's at all, it's practically piece-by-piece from Richard Wyckoff's work, published in the early part of the last century. Trading sites like Pristine keep re-inventing the wheel, or in this case outright plagarizing material, and calling it their own.

H

#17     Oct 3, 2006
  8. I agree with cheongk in the fact that Oliver Velez is good at presentations. One of the few that I can actually stay awake through the whole DVD. But other than hands on trading room instruction, most of the stuff is not new and can be attained through other less expensive sources like webinars, books and dvds.
    There is more books, DVDs and such on trading than 10 traders could ever read in a lifetime and more being printed every day.

#18     Oct 28, 2006
  9. mokwit

mokwit

Hmmmm. All these peoople wit 2-4 posts to their name coming in with glowing posts to say what positive experiences they have had with Velez/Pristine..............................

#19     Oct 29, 2006
  10. as mentioned, take the free trial and decide for yourself.

other than that, pristine has been commonly reputed to be slick, greasy, megalomaniac and very often delusional. velez declares himself as one of the best traders of our time. yet the guy doesn't even trade! that should set an alarm for you. however even a charlatan can sell you real gold. so, take the free trial.

#20     Jan 17, 2007