Pristine Education

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by AA48, May 3, 2009.

1. AA48

AA48

A long period of time has passed since my first question.....during that period,I've made my research,I've studied some of their material I found on the internet,and I've been quite a few times in their trading rooms,especially the futures room.

Well,what they teach is not garbage,definitely.Sure,you can find most parts for free on the internet,but they put them togethet and they teach you the logic behind the patterns.
    Of course,Pristine is a commercial company,and it's best interest is to sell products and services....I can understand that....it's also obvious that in their free stuff they are not going to give you their full courses....

What I like in them is that they have structure in their trading.They have rules and they obey them.Now,the question is,can you implement their systems and be disciplined enough to follow them,even during the periods you get losing trades?
    They claim that if you take their courses,they will teach you some very specific setups and that afterwards you have to retake the courses (for free) and be in the room,so that you can ask questions and practice the material with them...

I find this approach fair enough...I haven't taken the futures course till now,simply because I can't afford it....I will probably take it,when I can....

I've asked them once ,in the room,a very crucial question...crucial for me,and I believe for everyone with a small account...:
    "Can I be profitable with your method trading only 1 lot at every trade?can I be profitable without having the possibility of scaling out,so that I can benefit from a big move?" the answer was yes....Other educating firms have answered the same question with a big no,because they believe that with 1 lot you must have 1 target and respect it,throwing away the possibility of capturing big gains...

Anyway,trading is much more than setups and trading platforms....I believe that trade management is the key to success,and I find it very difficult to apply any trade management with 1 lot....

So,I'll continue studying their methods,they are not "snake oil" and of course they are not the "holy grail"....what I have to say is that the trades they are taking in the futures room are very very selective and they have a good record of winning....don't ask me if they take these trades with real money,I don't know....:)

#21     Jul 12, 2011
  2. smallfil

smallfil

Hi All! I consider myself somewhat experienced and taught myself how to trade options via books and dvd. Do not have the actual dvd and manual of Pristine but,
    have watched Oliver Velez DVD and have even attended a free seminar in Las Vegas
    in one of of the Investor Expos. That said, I have had some limited success with the
    set up he showed on DVD. So, maybe, there is some value there. Not much different
    than entering on pullbacks on a stock trending upwards. Like the first poster, I still
    feel lost and I think my problem is setting the stop losses properly. On some trades, I
    will do well and get 31% and 85% on my options trades then, give it all back and lose
    it on the succeeding trades. On the one hand, I feel that I probably do not need more
    seminars or books or dvd but, still I do not have it all together. It is frustrating as I am
    sure it is for other traders out there. I do have a trading journal now so, I need to review my trades. Good luck to everyone and wish you the best in trading.

#22     Feb 13, 2014
  3. smallfil

smallfil

Hi All! I consider myself somewhat experienced and taught myself how to trade options via books and dvd.
    Do not have the actual dvd and manual of Pristine but, have watched Oliver Velez DVD and have even attended a free seminar in Las Vegas in one of of the Investor Expos. That said, I have had some limited success with the set up he showed on DVD. So, maybe, there is some value there. Not much differentthan entering on pullbacks on a stock trending upwards. Like the first poster, I still feel lost and I think my problem is setting the stop losses properly. On some trades, I will do well and get 31% and 85% on my options trades then, give it all back and lose it on the succeeding trades. On the one hand, I feel that I probably do not need more seminars or books or dvd but, still I do not have it all together. It is frustrating as I am sure it is for other traders out there. I do have a trading journal now so, I need to review my trades. Good luck to everyone and wish you the best in trading.

#23     Feb 13, 2014