Priority List - for the new Democratic Majority Congress.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Nov 13, 2006.

1. .

November 13, 2006

SouthAmerica: Before the new democratic majority congress becomes more civil on the new term in 2007 – first they have to go for the kill, and they should finish some unfinished business. They have to go for the jugular right now, as follows:

1) The mainstream media should help the democrats dig enough dirty about Dickhead Cheney for Congress to be able to indict him, and they should get rid off him ASAP.

2) The current and the new Congress should not confirm John Bolton as UN Ambassador, and they should force George Bush Senior’s team to pick a new choice for US ambassador at the UN.

3) George W. Bush should get rid off Condi Rice - since she is also considered to be a damaged goods in the eyes of the rest of the world.

After the above changes are made, then they can try to adopt a new level of civility in the US politics, and try to work together to resolve the many problems domestic and international affecting the United States today.

2. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! The last thing we need in to be bogged down with indictments.
    Job one: Exit plan for Iraq in place by March 1. Majority of troops out by end of 2007 with a small strike force left in place in a nearby country
    Job two: Immigration legislation with teeth. No amnesty! Armed troops at the border. Back breaking fines and jail time for employers of illegals. No medical or education benefits for illegals, or their children.
    Job three: SSN reform with some options for private accounts.
    Those are the three things, any one of which can bring down the USA as we know it. All three combined spells total disaster. Everything else is bullshit.

3. .

November 13, 2006

SouthAmerica: Reply to CaptainObvious

I believe that the US Congress can handle more than an issue at the time.

The above goals that I mentioned can be achieved at the same time that the goals that you mentioned also are moving forward.

The Occupational forces can be out of Iraq by the summer of 2007.

I agree with you about the “No Amnesty” of any form. The US would not need armed forces at the border if the federal law includes back-breaking fines and jail time for employer of illegal people, and the same rules should also apply regarding rental of properties.

The heavy fines and jail time of employers and landlords should help resolve this illegal immigration problem in the US.

I don’t agree with your priority regarding Social Security. The Social Security system is fine for now – The Medicare System is the one that will collapse in a few years and will need fixing.

The Medicaid System is the safety net of last resort for most people.

PS: The American people can’t let people like Dickhead Cheney get away with all the stuff that he did in the last 6 years – Justice and international law has finally caught up with even the people who thought that they were above the law in Argentina and in Chile.

The people in Argentina and in Chile are putting in jail all these people who thought that they had to answer to no one and they could do anything that they pleased. The law finally caught up with all these guys including: General Pinochett, the members of the junta in Argentina, and so on….

Why real justice should be any different here in the United States?

If Americans let these guys get away with all the garbage that is going on today, then they can kiss good-bye, as well, the democratic system in the United States.

If they get away this time, then what would prevent a dictator from taking dictatorial powers here in the United States in the future?

4. fan27

fan27

What did Dick Cheney do that was illegal?

5. LOL, I guess you missed the Monica Lewinski fiasco.

The first thing they should do is repeal the fascist Patriot Act & Military Appropriations. But then half of these "Democrats" voted for it anyway.

I'm sensing a lot of false hope. The Democrats already stated they plan to finish up Iraq not withdraw.

6. .

December 4, 2006

SouthAmerica: Today I was glad when I heard the news that John Bolton was not going to return to the UN to represent the United States. (The United States needs a real diplomat to do that very tough job.)

On November 13, 2006 I wrote:

SouthAmerica: Before the new democratic majority congress becomes more civil on the new term in 2007 – first they have to go for the kill, and they should finish some unfinished business. They have to go for the jugular right now, as follows:

This item can be crossed from my above list.

2) The current and the new Congress should not confirm John Bolton as UN Ambassador, and they should force George Bush Senior’s team to pick a new choice for US ambassador at the UN.

Since George Bush Senior it is cleaning house right now - I hope he will also replace Condi Rice, and replace her with a real Secretary of State this time around.

After the US Congress change its players in January 2007 – the new congress should at least try to impeach Dickhead Cheney. (That is one guy that belongs in jail.)

7. .

December 11, 2006

SouthAmerica: Now that George Bush "Senior" is in charge - he should call "Junior" and tell him to replace Condi Rice as Secretary of State with General Anthony Zinni.

Junior can’t grasp that no one outside the US is going to listen to or pay any attention to Condi Rice – She is a waste of time, besides she has a lot of baggage by now and her name is associated with the policies related to everything that has been going wrong in Iraq.

General Zinni would be a top-notch candidate to become the new US Secretary of State.

Condi Rice should stick with what she does best such as piano playing and ice skating.

I had posted this info before on another thread on this forum:

07-28-06 05:56 PM

July 28, 2006

SouthAmerica: When Bush got re-elected in 2004, I suggested that he replace Donald Rumsfeld with General Anthony Zinni as the Secretary of Defense. Then a few people brought to my attention that General Anthony Zinni could not qualify to be secretary of defense since that position goes to a civilian and anyone leaving the armed forces has to wait at least 10 years before he is eligible to be secretary of defense.

But I don’t think that the same rules do apply for the Secretary of State position.

With the Middle East spinning completely out of control it is time for the United State to have real diplomats and competent people in charge of US foreign policy. I don’t know what George W. Bush is waiting to fire Condi Rice and the rest of the people who are advising him about foreign affairs.

James Baker might be too old to be Secretary of State once again – but another name comes to mind that might be a good choice.

General Anthony Zinni – in the past he has commanded America's troops in the Middle East and he knows and understands very well the people from that part of the world.

General Zinni is very smart, he is articulate, he has the right background to handle the current crisis, he understands the Middle East and its players, and he would bring some credibility to the job.

The only problem is that I don't know if General Zinni would want to put his reputation on the line for such a lost cause as the Middle East - an area that is in the process of engulfing itself into a major war.

In the other hand, Condi Rice should stick with a career as a piano player – playing the piano, singing and dancing is more up her ally – since as a secretary of state she is doing a job that stinks.

8. .

March 7, 2007

SouthAmerica: The Lewis "Scooter" Libby verdict should be only the starting point of a long process that should culminate with the impeachment of George W. Bush - and regarding vice president Dick Cheney he should be hanged by his balls.

9. Greetings all...

So after practically 5 years of focusing on the finance sector and indeed enjoying every minute of it...the time has come to magnify my horizons and opt for the next out of tune with in delivering tremendous products for Microsoft. So as of very ere long (girlfriend TBD) I will be on the move to a Program Operation task in a further product being developed in the Service division.

#10     Oct 1, 2009