Priorities at Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jimrockford, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Even easier is to search by contributor name "private"

#11     Mar 24, 2007
  2. pcvix

pcvix

#12     Sep 8, 2009
  3. pcvix

pcvix

#13     Sep 8, 2009
  4. cstfx

cstfx

Priorities at IB?

As a public company, their first priority is to return profit to the shareholders (peterffy, et al) and as the profit continues to come in, it does not force anyone to fix something that is not broken in their eyes. Until trading starts to leave their system in droves, they have no incentive to fix the system to make it more attractive.

Now, if they were to fix it, I think what would be cool is to release the full system and individual modules, so you only use what you need, i.e. option trader or fx trader. Stupid to have the entire resource hog loaded if I am only using 25% of it's features

#14     Sep 8, 2009
  5. re: Priorities, this should be an SEC matter, brokers should have a fiduciary duty to provide as stable a platform as possible, if not they should be facing litigation if problems are due to gross negligence such as in this case.

THE PEOPLE BEHIND TWS ARE CLUELESS !!!!
    WARNING TO THE NEWB : THIS FIRM WILL PUT YOUR $$$$ AT RISK WITH A BUNCH OF CLOWNS LITTERALLY TAKING OVER YOUR PLATFORM AND YOUR LIFE ! TRUST ME IT'S NOT WORTH IT. YOU COULD LOSE A TON JUST ON ONE OF THEIR FUBAR UPGRADES.
    IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS BUT NOW THEY ARE TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL ! IMO THE BEST WAY TO VOTE IS WITH YOUR FEET .... WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

#15     Sep 9, 2009
  6. Eight

Eight

As the third party developers add more brokers to their capabilities people will flee IB if the other brokers are better... I'm pretty certain that most of the serious traders on ET use third party front ends to trade with IB and leave the hassles up to the third party developers... changing brokers would be pretty much transparent to those traders..

A note to the wise: don't upgrade TWS until you have to, download all the upgrades whenever they appear and go to the oldest one that works... they always break something with an upgrade but the third party developers get to work with the upgrades before they are released so they at least have a chance of keeping up.. somebody trying to trade with just the TWS is asking for hell every time they upgrade...

There is no reason to think this will ever change, it's been like this for many years...

#16     Sep 9, 2009