Printing Money

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dealmaker, Jul 15, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

CSEtrader and Gotcha like this.
  2. dozu888

dozu888

this is irrelevant if you are invested.

3. pic of money.jpg

CSEtrader and Peter10 like this.
  4. Gotcha

Gotcha

It is absolutely true that money supply has to increase as population grows. More people cannot go chasing the same number of dollars year after year. You can only cut up one penny so many ways. The trick of course is how to do this properly.

CSEtrader, piezoe and Money Trust like this.
  5. Handle123

Handle123

So, you don't trust banks or for that matter U.S. currency either? Physical gold is by far less space to hold, but you never get the going price. Invest in more rare golden coins when economy is bad as even they go down in price and requires even less space, storage-wish I had gotten into that 40 years ago.

6. :D

7. dozu888

dozu888

this bs from a bitcoin cult member.

so what purchasing power went down... you are not making 1950 salaries.. the pay increase has far exceeded the dollar erosion.

if you are invested, this does not matter.

an inflation target of 2% is necessary to avoid the deflation black hole, which japan was. bitcoin is deflationary, no chance to become a real currency... the cult members are desperate now, watching their pet coin going down in flames.... so they recycle this baseless argument.

CSEtrader and dealmaker like this.
  8. You inflationists are so naive... Free trade and entrepreneurship drives prices down.... Inflation. Is there period.. it's a redistribution scheme in which value is expropriated from the general wage earning population and awarded by the government to who ever the government wants...it's completely and absolutely immoral... All you keysian interventionist idiots have been indoctrinated by state education

9. dozu888

dozu888

whatever.... all I know is life is good.. and there is no better alternative.

10. life is good.. no argument there.. but i don't pretend to think inflationary intevention by the feds is a good thing and won't have grave consequences

#10     Jul 15, 2018