Printed book of 5-minute e-mini S&P charts

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by InTheZone, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Hello,

I'm looking for a book that contains charts of the e-mini S&P, for both the regulary trading session and for the overnight trades. In other words, charts that include all 24 hours of trading activity.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-- ITZ

2. that's kind of an odd request. but the only thing I can think of is to just go ahead and print them out yourself. I can't imagine that a book exists like this. who knows though?

3. Yeah, it is a bit odd in today's electronic world.

I'd like to manually backtest various subjective technical patterns.

It's somewhat of a pain to do it in Qcharts, as you need to scroll backwards to the desired date each time you start up Qcharts.

If I could get it all on paper, it would make it much more convenient.

Thanks.

-- ITZ

4. A book of printed charts that shows historical intraday 5min charts of the ES...all session?

I made my own (1min, 3min, 15min) and so can you....always updated because I print every trading day...

thus, its not one book...several books going back many years...thick and heavy.

Get a QCharts subscription (cost you less than $100) and start printing...

print the way you like it...that's what I did and still do.

Shouldn't take you more than 5 hours of work on a boring weekend to print out at least a couple years worth of ES 5min intraday all session data....

then about 10mins of work each day to maintain your book via printing the current trading day.

Print it on some nice 24Lb bright white paper then take it to a local print shop to have it nicely binded...

ink, paper and binding...about $100 bucks.

Even if someone sold you their printed copy...cost will most likely be about the same because its rare to have such.

Heck...I think QCharts has a free trial right now although I'm not sure what you get with that free trial.

If you get historical intraday data in the free trial...sweet...you can make your own book and not cost yourself a penny via having access to QCharts.

Goodnight all.

NihabaAshi

5. trader99

trader99

InTheZone,

I was just thinking of that myself! WEIRD!! I mean not buying a book, but just something like that going back as far as possible.

But I guess it's equivalent to computer backtesting 10yrs of data or whatever.

good luck!

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

I was thinking about that but I didn't post because it sound so backward but I guess it works out for you beautifully.