Printable versions of reviews on Backtesting Platforms

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Gyles, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Gyles

Gyles

TradersStudio does offer what you are asking for. The same has been answered in detailed in the following thread, where kut2k2
    had asked a similar question:

A guide to computerized Trade Management

#21     Mar 25, 2008
  2. Gyles

Gyles

Jahajee, sincere apologies for the delay in the reply, as I was out of station. You have asked a long question, and I am answering the same in parts.

Please do explain as to what is the exact purpose of this test, as not agreeing with TradeStation for example does not mean anything? TradeStation fills the limit order in a back-test, if the price is touched; while TradersStudio has an option, which requires you to trade a full tick past to get filled. Therefore, here in this case, TradersStudio is more realistic.

TradersStudio has that feature; if you run an optimization you shall see the buttons on the left hand side of the screen. However, please do clarify as to exactly what do you want to do?

Do you mean to use ‘1 minute data’ and compress it to ‘5 or 15 minute bars’? Please clarify. If so, then TradersStudio can do this; I have done so many times before.

TradersStudio can do all the above mentioned tasks and has all the features asked. However, please do clarify the questions asked, so that we can help you out better. Thanks.

#22     Mar 26, 2008
  3. Thanks for the reviews will be reading them over the weekend

#23     Mar 27, 2008
  4. I have been following your reviews and have read all the PDF reviews.

However, while going through the reviews in the original thread (see here http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108534), I saw the below quote of Gyles here (see here http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1695300#post1695300)

What is the status of that Webinar? I understand the issues of not having a demo, however, if you had decided or agreed to show something live about your product “TradersStudio”, then where is that?

#24     Apr 17, 2008
  5. I had read the reviews and found all of them interesting. However, can it be possible to sum up the reasons as to exactly why I should buy TradersStudio, besides the fact that I am an “End of the Day” Trader?

#25     Apr 17, 2008
  6. Gyles

Gyles

I think the above has been answered by TraderSystem to your question at the following link:
    What do you think of TradersStudio?

#26     May 1, 2008
  7. TraderSystem reply was convincing. TradersStudio looks attractive as it provides quite a lot at such a low price. However, the best part is their good support and continuous improvement of their product.

Mr. Murray, if I were to buy this product within a few days, please may I know the details of the sale (price plus what I shall get)?

#27     May 9, 2008
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We are still running some specials
    http://www.tradersstudio.com/SpecialOffers/tabid/170/Default.aspx

#28     May 13, 2008
  9. Please can I have the reply to the above?

#29     May 22, 2008
  10. #30     May 27, 2008