Principles

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by sulong, Oct 26, 2006.

1. +1 I think a better term would be people are ignorant. If you show/explain why some thing happens, the correct way to them. An understanding occurs most of the time.

Akuma

#11     Oct 28, 2006
  2. Willful ignorance is the same thing as being “stupid”.

#12     Oct 28, 2006
  3. Good point

Akuma

#13     Oct 28, 2006
  4. 1."Nothing is as permanent as as good temporary solution."

2."Only a fool becomes embroiled in an argument when trading by himself."

3."You can observe a lot just by watching."

4."price goes in one direction, but we want it to go in another; price goes there, but we want it to stay here. Price keeps getting in the way of made-up mind. So...change made-up mind to unmade-up mind."

5."Be careful who you talk to about your trading plans.
    Those who have abandoned their dreams will try to destroy yours."

6. "Let those who know not how to pray be traders"

7."Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

8."trading is not carried out against the crowd, but because of it."

9. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

#14     Dec 12, 2006
  5. As a sports gambler, it was stated to me that when the public takes a position it is usually wrong.

I would add as a corollary, whenever the so called profession of journalism offers an opinion and takes a position, it is almost certainly wrong.

As a sports gambler, I looked to play the best underdogs.

As a trader I use the above assertions as a contrarian.

In other words, the market cliche that says when everyone is buying, you should be selling and when everyone is selling you should be buying, may have some truth to it and might make someone some money.

#15     Dec 12, 2006
  6. MaxLD

MaxLD

You make a strong arguement for why religion remains "the original line of bullshit".

#16     Dec 12, 2006