Principles of Market Timing

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Feb 20, 2009.

1. heypa

heypa

Sticks and stones etc etc etc

#11     Feb 20, 2009
  2. #12     Feb 20, 2009
  3. First this comments before responding:
    "I am responding only to be courteous to those who posted with legitimate comments. The stoppage of posting of principles is still on."

Now let me answer some questions:

What do you think? Are you asking for evidence or where to find evidence?

#13     Feb 20, 2009
  4. I will not answer the negatives, but only the positive. You have some fairness in you, even if you have dirtied it with some negatives aspects, but I recognize even one drop in a cup. By fairness I mean, your pointing out of facts to my credit.

As for what you have understood so far from the principles, beneat the metaphors there are truths/numbers. Lift a stone to see the truths. Also metaphors stick to the mind, words/formulas do not stick as easy and as long.

If you or others consider exchange of insults to be fine to you, they are not fine with me. You may not agree, but over time insults and negatives make imprints on humans that change humans.

I do not want to engage in exchange of insults.

Good luck to you!

#14     Feb 20, 2009
  5. Sticks you foresee at the end are stepping stones on your path to treasures between now and the end.

If you did not mean it, a useful meaning has been made to it.

#15     Feb 20, 2009
  6. i hope this thread is kept alive. not many informative posts on ET as it is.

any thread will have negative and/or unfair comments. this is part of ET. but OP can complain to Mods and have offensive posts removed.

#16     Feb 20, 2009
  7. You have a funny way of ending your postings on the thread, since you restarted less than an hour later...

#17     Feb 20, 2009
  8. For which time period is the estimated range valid ? A day ? 3 months ?

Looking at the ES, one could have shorted at around 777, should the above rule indicate daily ranges... :)

#18     Feb 20, 2009
  9. The problem is not the presence of his comments in the history of the thread. The problem is that the act cancels the desire/energy one has had to share.

The person (and some others) by writing what they wrote are actually giving me a good advice without possibly knowing.

If I decide to pursue this further I might write it up in a set of notes which I can share via email/PMs, etc.

Thanks shortie for stopping bye.

#19     Feb 20, 2009
  10. You use the option data consistent with your time horizon.

In case of trading you need the front month. Once you have that, you multiply the range by the square root of ratio of times.

#20     Feb 20, 2009