Prince Alwaleed says, "See you later!"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by NazSpaz, Sep 16, 2008.

1. So what? I'm not exactly patriotic but its not like your reading about all these vast technological/scientific breakthroughs coming from the east.
    If every other week we were reading something along the lines of "the chinese build the world's first quantum computer" I would be worried.
    Alot of smart engineers building extravagent buildings isn't really that bothersome.

as opposed to what country?

#11     Sep 17, 2008
  2. You can thank the INS for the brain drain...this has MAJOR implications on technologies development in the USA.

#12     Sep 17, 2008
  3. vv111y

vv111y

AMEN Pitz!

BTW same pitz as at RFD & financial webring forum? Good to see you man

#13     Sep 17, 2008
  4. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

That analysis is right on the money. But how do we fix it?

#14     Sep 17, 2008

5. Well for one... stop recruiting the young to go blow people up instead try and push them for higher education.

When was the last time you saw an ad on tv promoting education to the young generation?

I can count at least 10000 times i've seen tv ads for navy.. marines etc...

Stop funding billions of dollars for utter bullshit such as finding osama bin laden in a cave. If we don't go blow up half the middle east .. they would have no reason to come here and act on revenge.

Funding funding funding.. schools.. education... technology... scientific research... biomedical research. recruitment of talent world wide.. the H1B visa reform that Bill gates has been pushing has been at a stall in the freakin congress for almost 3 years now.

thats my opinion anyway!

#15     Sep 17, 2008
    #16     Sep 17, 2008
  7. Saudi Arabia is still problematic - Kuwait and Dubai are progressing.

They're the ones becoming more moderate, building advanced technical centers, universities and R&D parks, while embracing capitalism and the scientific method.

I'm bullish on the UAE and South Korea. They want a future built on making things of value - not just selling off their natural resources when they need to raise cash.

#17     Sep 17, 2008