Primerica

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jul 4, 2006.

1. MORE lucrative than a true planner? It's not even close. I was a broker/planner at a major firm and Primerica is a joke. HOWEVER, their typical client is NOT a client that serious brokers/planners go after. In theory they have a niche there, but the way it is set up - MLM, Pyramid, etc. - is a joke.

Stay far, far away if you want to be taken seriously.

#11     Jul 5, 2006
  2. nlslax

nlslax

Amen.

#12     Jul 5, 2006
  3. avoid it at all costs. They called me relentlessly in 2003 during the time when there was a job slump.

When asking about salary, they would always say "come into the office" I used to make appointments with them then not just show up to get them out of my hair.

It's the bottom of the bucket.

#13     Jul 5, 2006
  4. Whenever you have to give a credit card number on the job application, RUN as fast as you can!!!

I made the mistake of actually giving them my credit card number and they charged my account $200 for a training course that I did not attend. After the "interview", the next day I called to tell them I was not interested in pursuing it and they still tried to charge my credit card. Took some time, and letters to my credit card company, but they finally took the charge off.

What a pain in the ass. Don't get fooled.

#14     Jul 5, 2006
  5. Thanks for the tips.....I don't know what avenue to pursue now but atleast can trade my own account. This is very isolating though but cannot stand going back to a corporate politic place....just can't.

#15     Jul 5, 2006
  6. hmm..anyone know if they are hiring??? lol

#16     Jul 5, 2006
  7. Bob111

Bob111

try cramerica :D

#17     Jul 5, 2006
  8. nlslax

nlslax

If I remember right, they are owned by Citigroup. The same company that owns Smith Barney. Talk about two ends of the spectrum.

I know people who work at Smith Barney, excellent company. I also have known individuals who worked at Primerica. I don't think too many of them were able to make the jump to Smith Barney.
    :D

#18     Jul 5, 2006
  9. Check with www.hdvest.com they are a small BD with no high production quotas

#19     Jul 5, 2006
  10. nlslax

nlslax

You can try Quest too.

#20     Jul 5, 2006