Primal / Paleo Diet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rehoboth, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I don't eat bacon. It's a processed food. Nor do I eat fried eggs, though I will eat poached eggs to keep the "processing" to a minimum. I don't eat any kind of fried foods because frying is a form of destructive food processing.

I've done my own study of sugars relative to saturated fats. The dramatic changes in my blood chemistry, weight, body-fat percentage and energy levels are convincing to me. Even my PSA and c-reactive protein levels decreased when I stopped eating sugars and processed foods.

#51     Mar 27, 2012
  2. Maybe, but until there is solid evidence we have to go with what is proven for a long life span don't we.
    Didn't the eskimoes who ate a high fat and completly non-processed diet also have a short life span and I think the same is true for that tribe in Africa that drinks so much milk. They are healthy for most of their lives but they don't live to an old age like we do.

#52     Mar 27, 2012
  3. really? Would you post it here? where are you published so we can be sure you controlled for... Your anecdote certainly trumps all else that's been done

#53     Mar 27, 2012
  4. I'm not talking about eating a diet that exclusively high fat like the examples you're referring to. I'm talking about a balanced diet that includes meat, fresh vegetables and fruits and also nuts and seeds -- but eliminates all sugars and processed foods.

In addition to meat, I eat a lot of fresh organic vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. Success for me has come from finding the right balance.

I EAT:
    1. Fresh meats (unprocessed and never fried)
    2. Fresh organic vegetables
    3. Fresh organic fruits
    4. Raw organic nuts and seeds.

I NEVER EAT:
    1. Processed foods and sugars
    2. Transfats
    3. Milk products

#54     Mar 27, 2012
  5. How did you conclude that skim milk is worse for me than roast beef?

#55     Mar 27, 2012
  6. I was not using the word "study" literally, but rather to explain my personal experience -- the changes in my blood chemistry I achieved by eliminating sugars and processed foods .

#56     Mar 27, 2012
  7. I never said that anything is better or worse for you. I said that's what I eat.

#57     Mar 27, 2012
  8. HOW DID YOU CONCLUDE THAT ROAST BEEF IS A HEALTH FOOD FOR YOU BUT SKIM MILK IS NOT?

Since, as you say, you've never seen a study controlling for saturated fat

#58     Mar 27, 2012
  9. I changed my diet under the guidance of a dietician who was referred to me by my cardiologist. She's the one who recommended the diet, and modified it along the way until it was fine-tuned for me.

The fact that my cholesterol fell by over 50%, my triglycerides fell by 80% along with decreases in PSA, c-reactive protein, etc. were convincing to her and my cardiologist that this was the right dietary program for me.

Milk products were eliminated from my diet because they make me feel tired and increase my blood sugar levels. This is common in about 60% of the adult population according to my dietician.

#59     Mar 27, 2012
  10. good for your dietician got you off skim milk and on roast beef!

skim milk kills!

:D

#60     Mar 27, 2012