Primal / Paleo Diet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rehoboth, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Primitive man ate much more raw pussy than we do.

#41     Mar 26, 2012
  2. Actually no, if you are in keto, cal dont matter. You will burn fat rather then used comsumed cal.

Feel free to do the research, its not that hard.

#42     Mar 26, 2012
  3. where do you suppose the "comsumed calories" go then?

#43     Mar 26, 2012
  4. lescor

lescor

Calories ingested is one factor in weight loss. Going on a severely calorie restricted diet will result in weight loss, but not likely in optimal health and maybe not even significant fat loss.

If your body thinks it's starving, it will adjust metabolism to protect itself. It might start drawing on it's own reserves of minerals and vitamins that it isn't getting through diet. Lack of of these nutrients can affect the body's ability to make certain hormones, which leads to other problems. The stress can increase cortisol levels, which can be a factor in fat gain.

If your goal is optimal body composition and health, then the quality and macronutrient composition of your food matters. 2000 calories a day of candy and 2000 calories a day of grass fed beef and vegetables is going to result in different body fat levels, among other things.

Body fat storage is triggered primarily by insulin, which is released by the body in response to changes in blood glucose levels. A high carb diet, especially a lot of simple sugars and processed grains, is going to cause a lot of insulin to be released into your system. If you can't use that fuel immediately (activity level), then your body will store it as fat. Do it enough and you can become insulin resistant, which means you need more insulin to be secreted, resulting in even more fat gain.

#44     Mar 26, 2012
  5. Unless all the medical people are lying to us the societies with the longest life spans are those who eat mainly a plant based diet, low calorie, low in fat and red meat. And an active lifestyle.

#45     Mar 27, 2012
  6. Carb restriction can result in less calories which results in ketosis. Without calorie restriction no weight loss will occur even in ketosis.

#46     Mar 27, 2012
  7. Healthy societies eat very little processed food. How much animal protein they eat is of little consequence. Processed foods are the killers because they are full of sugar (in many forms) and trigger hormonal responses (primarily insulin) that result in weight gain, diabetes and heart disease. Many are also full of transfats, nitrates, etc.

Almost anyone who completely eliminates processed foods (anything that comes in a box, bottle, bag or can) from their diet will lose weight and get healthier.

#47     Mar 27, 2012
  8. Always about the sugar with you guys, and saturated fat is harmless and blamess, right? despite the decades of evidence against.

i might remiind you that sugar cane is as "natural" as any animal meat.

#48     Mar 27, 2012
  9. I've never seen a statistical study of saturated fats that controlled for intake of processed foods/sugars.

In my own case, I cut out all processed/refined foods (sugars). My cholesterol fell from 295 to under 150 and my triglycerides fell from 400 to 80.

I eat meat, but I also eat a lot of fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. I think it's a matter of balance, but there's no question in my mind that sugars and refined carbohydrates are killers. I've seen it for myself.

#49     Mar 27, 2012
  10. But you've seen the reverse, study of sugar controlled for saturated fat?

Nah, you haven't but you can't inculpate the meat in your diet because that mean you'd have to give up roast beef, bacon and eggs.

that's too much to take :D

#50     Mar 27, 2012