PRIIPS KID on IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by d08, Jun 17, 2018.

1. bremer85

bremer85

Hi everybody,

Even IB LLC (not IBUK) is now implementing PRIIPs. All my positions became untradable, the only thing I'm allowed to do is to close them.

#131     Jul 11, 2018
  2. Are you US citizen or EU citizen?

#132     Jul 12, 2018
  3. bremer85

bremer85

EU. Not that it would make a difference, but I don't really get it. I thought PRIIPs is about the broker/bank marketing the product *in the EU*, not about the individuals (i.e. does PRIIPs make it illegal for EU citizens to buy non-compliant products anywhere in the world...??).

#133     Jul 12, 2018
  4. JSOP

JSOP

IB caring about its customers? LOL Now that's an oxymoron...

#134     Jul 12, 2018
  5. JSOP

JSOP

Who don't give a f*** about EU or who's able to trade them and who's not. They are all making millions every day as we are writing on this forum.

#135     Jul 12, 2018
  6. I spoke with 1 person which can still buy US ETF without any restriction through czech broker. I am awating respons from this person if has a status no-pro or pro and have also send an email to this brokerege and also waiting for response.

#136     Jul 12, 2018
  7. It could also just be a case of that particular brokerage having missed the deadline for the implementation of PRIIPS. Especially if it is a small local broker.

#137     Jul 12, 2018
  8. This person has a non-professional status.Still waiting for response from brokerage.

#138     Jul 12, 2018
  9. RobSwe

RobSwe

Question. If you are an IB-UK customer and UK finally decides to make Brexit a reality, instead of just talking, that would make UK a non-EU country. Would that change things here or is it the residency/citizenship of the customer that decides ?

#139     Jul 12, 2018
  10. RobSwe

RobSwe

I might have gotten this backwards but isn't May trying to stop Brexit and that is why there were a lot of politicians around her that left in protest ? If true, I'd say there's a probability of >80% that Soros is behind it.

#140     Jul 12, 2018