PRIDE goeth before destruction

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by J_Commisso, Sep 24, 2002.

1. You answered your own question my friend. It takes a lot of sharp kicks in the teeth to finaly catch on. Ahhhh Strange Fruit, you plant the seeds yourself :)

PEACE and good-trading,
    Commisso

#11     Sep 26, 2002
  2. "Price and Time"???? Cycles? Periodic Repetition? Geometric Angles? Astological Pitch? Natural Price and Time Center Resistance? Oh... wrong thread... LOL

What about liking yourself? Is that pride? Doing best for yourself, isn't that relative to pride? Ahhh... words...

#12     Sep 26, 2002
  3. cpo

cpo Guest

:p Somehow I knew that.

"The answer is always in the question itself." - Me :)

cpo

#13     Sep 26, 2002
  4. wonderful. i'll try and remember that the next time i'm stuck on something.

#14     Sep 27, 2002
  5. Hmmmmmm,

How many seeds can a one legged monkey named publias stomp out of a dill pickle?

sorry buddy but I had to :)

PEACE and good-trading,
    Commisso

BTW; I liked that other thread you started tonight, wanted to respond ---> but I could not tear myself away from my new computer game I HAD TO GET THE BYZANTINES!

#15     Sep 27, 2002
  6. The height that a trader allows his pride to reach shall be measured by the virtue of the trader's ability to forgive the market’s arrogance that serves to teach.

#16     Sep 27, 2002
  7. jem

jem

I thought the answer to the whole pride thing is that you should be aware of it. Once you are are aware of it, it sort of becomes silly. If you are self reflective enough you realize that you really have nothing to be prideful about. A western religion guy/gal would owe it all to god, and non-believer would realize he is just a product of his circumstances and environment and the eastern guy would realize their is really nothing to it. (editors note--I will defer thoughts on eastern stuff to J Commisso because pinning down eastern thought is like trying to catch something subatomic with an unstrung racquet).

#17     Sep 27, 2002
  8. cpo

cpo Guest

I agree. Pride's destructiveness is related to the object of pride. If the object is a virtue...

Nice and honorable measure, Rogue.

cpo

#18     Sep 28, 2002
  9. Rigel

Rigel

Pride is an illusion. A trick and a trap.

#19     Sep 28, 2002
  10. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Pride ---> Self-esteem ----> Confidence.

From all the profitable traders I've met, they have confidence. I feel it's something you need. It's one of the factors needed to overcome fear.

#20     Sep 28, 2002