Pricey distancing

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, May 5, 2020.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Pricey distancing

Frontier Airlines is going to start charging passengers extra to sit next to an unoccupied middle seat on its flights. It makes sense from the perspective of a low-cost airline with tight margins, which is going to be struggling to make money as it allows fewer passengers on its planes—but it also means charging people for essential social distancing, which is… hmm. Fortune

2. "3 ft separation" between passengers going to make a diff to the spread of the virus?

3. SteveM

SteveM

It's like promising "we are going to have no-pee zone" in a public swimming pool.

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

They going to have to switch off the aircon aswell and crack open a window for some fresh air, it'll definately float around in an airplane and get to everyone like on all planes.

But it's okay, because it's not the plague and by the time they reopen this will all be over and they'd of realised not a really a big deal.

All sit there with oxygen mask entire trip ??

5. LanceJ

LanceJ

space suits for all

Turveyd likes this.

6. Hahahaha oxygen mask
    Good one

7. virtusa

virtusa

Maybe fly with open roof. Virus will then quickly fly away and not spread in the plane.

:D

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Strapped to the wings, bring your own safety goggles.

UK expect announcement, weekends are gone and all working 4 days on 4days off and 12hr shifts so only 1/2 the people in the office at once to keep social distancing.

Over a bad flu, stop the world I need to get off!!

9. maxinger

maxinger

then plane has to fly rather low.
    definitely possible but not fuel efficient.

10. maxinger

maxinger

time for airline authority to review seating arrangement.
    seats ought to space out a little more to address virus and plus size people problems.
    At least have some sort of partition / barrier between seats.

honestly it is quite a torture if plus size people sits beside me.
    once this triple plus size man was sitting beside me, and he used two hands to eat.
    his arm ate into my space & I could only use one hand to eat.

He occupied 1.3 seatsss. I occupied 0.7 seat !!!
    and both of us paid the same price for the air ticket !!!

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    #10     May 6, 2020
    dealmaker likes this.