Pricesquawk

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Spectre2007, Mar 14, 2018.

1. I have to give shout out to Pricesquawk, I mainly just learned visual orderflow ques. Just recently implemented audio ques. It really helps. The combined approach brings everything together.

Chris

grahamglover and wartrace like this.
  2. wartrace

wartrace

I've been meaning to check that out but never got around to the free trial they have. The price for a "lifetime" license seems high since I only paid 395 for the Jigsaw license.

I can appreciate the concept of audio orderflow if only as a "heads up" to pay attention. I am going to watch a few of their videos and learn more about it. Great to hear your experience is favorable.

grahamglover and Spectre2007 like this.

3. Yeah, I bought the license for Jigsaw and Pricesquawk. It makes a big difference, usually I’m listening to music during intraday trading. But sync audio to ticks flying adds another dimension.

Audio changes with volatility. It just reinforces tick action.

nakachalet and Sprout like this.
  4. Thanks for the feedback Spectre2007, even if I am a bit late to the party. Hope it is still making a difference for you.

Audible information is a highly undervalued resource. There is a reason sonification is used in all sorts of high risk areas to represent the environment. Of course some folk are more visually inclined and will find the audio difficult to follow.

Let me know if any further questions.

5. There is a nagging question:

Just how do you distinguish the audibles from different charts.... LOL?

Just like those using NinjaTrader and others, the audible alerts are super....
    when you have only one chart up for trading,

but most traders, simm or otherwise, have multiple charts
    all across the screen or multiple screens....

just how do you distinguish the audible is from which charts.... LOL

Yes, I am personally encountering this annoying problem myself,
    notwithstanding all those very capable programers, mostly, I presume,
    are not traders.... so they envision one set of audible with four variations,
    audible 1, audible 2, so on.... would be sufficient for all traders.... LOL

Do you have an answer, perhaps?

Regards

6. Sorry for very late answer.

I recommend adding audio for one market initially. Then once you are used to it add some clearly different sound effects for a second market. Tick by tick sounds for more than two markets gets a bit full on but you can add Auto alerts and other volume alerts for any number of markets if careful with the sounds you pick.

Hope this helps.

7. wartrace

wartrace

I decided to give it a shot; bought the lifetime license on sale this week. I trade using footprint charts, DOM and tape. I rarely take enough time to watch the tape; I just look at it for the pace of trading. I think maybe an audio feed might be helpful to me. Looking forward to seeing if it helps at all.