priceactionlab questions

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by luisHK, Jun 10, 2011.

1. The program has a few options. You can

(a) Save the output
    (b) Output onto a spreadsheet
    (c) Save to a local database
    Also
    (d) The program saves the search results automatically in text files that can be combined later in a larger database. This was a feature of the last version I have forgot about. Here is the link:

http://www.priceactionlab.com/Support/versions/versions.html

Thus, actually you can combine all those different text files into one or input them into a database and query it to find what you want.

I think that applies to the speed up version. The regular version allows as many as you want. The difference is that in the speed up version you must run the same symbol in all 4 installations for a faster search. With the original installation, which is also cheaper,you can run as many symbols as you want, one per installation at a time.

I wish I had more experience with virtual machines. It sounds possible since their open license does not check for hardware configurations. Hmm...you are giving me a lot of homework Lee...:)

#31     Jul 27, 2011
  2. LeeD

LeeD

If you have unspent dedicated hardware budget, you might want to wait till later this year. 8-core Xeons E5 (which appear as 16 processors each thanks to hyperthreading) with unlocked multiplier for overclocking may just hit the sweet spot. I suspect motherboards that can house 2 or more processors will not be designed with overclocking in mind any time soon though.

#32     Aug 30, 2011
  3. LeeD

LeeD

I am playing around with a PriceActionLab demo now....

There is no way PAL goes through all possible 6-bar patterns in the way of brute force. Does it apply some kind of patter groups?

#33     Jan 15, 2012
  4. LeeD

LeeD

#34     Jan 16, 2012