priceactionlab questions

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by luisHK, Jun 10, 2011.

1. THANKS

#11     Jun 15, 2011
  2. It does but only if you do the work to test the patterns in out_of_sample for significance.

#12     Jun 19, 2011
  3. Totally different approach to system design, indicators and TA in general. I suggest you first read these papers below. If you understand them maybe you should be able to use software like that. If not, you will be wasting your time:

http://www.priceactionlab.com/synthesis.pdf

http://www.priceactionlab.com/Literature/pIndicator.pdf

#13     Jul 3, 2011
  4. luisHK

luisHK

Thanks Jimbojim, bit your links aren't opening from here. Anyone else with same issue ? I will try again from the office.

Do other users agree with the following statement ?

Keep in mind that this type of testing takes long and requires a lot of computing power. It is not for the average Joe. Do not get this program unless you have a spare powerful computer to install it on. Do not even think that you will have this program running while you watch the market, send emails, surf the web, etc. "

#14     Jul 3, 2011
  5. luisHK

luisHK

OK now.

#15     Jul 4, 2011
  6. I agree. Anyways, if you want to use a program like that it makes sense to load it on a fast machine and let it do the work. Nice thing about this program is that you can list all your searches on one workspace and let it run for as long as it takes to get the results.

When you get the results you can then save parts of it to different files and test them independently in out of sample. Very versatile and smooth process.

#16     Jul 4, 2011
  7. In which one of these countries are you located? :)

Seriously, I think US software firms are banned from selling to several countries, including those that support terrorism. Isn't this true?

#18     Jul 5, 2011
  8. No problem. Did you finally tried the program with the intraday data? I had it do a few runs last week and the results weren't that bad. I didn't run and out of sample tests though.

#19     Jul 21, 2011
  9. LeeD

LeeD

Does Priceactionlab make full use of multiple cores in modern computers? Is there a setting for the number of cores to use or does it use all available computational power?

#20     Jul 21, 2011