Price/Volume Relationship

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by bluedemon77, Jan 28, 2007.

1. bighog

bighog Guest

Volume consumes supply..........took a peek and saw that, funny. So if the price never was moved the volume would have sat there forever.

Face it, if there was no idea of a change in price what supply would anyone be talking about? Nice to see you are making my point, price is what motivates, volume follows. Thank You

If no price change there would be no volume. With todays cancel/replace orders this so called supply in the dome is just useless. Split mili second changes etc, many play games with dome just to sucker in fools that are followers and not leaders.

Volume is like watching a horse race after the winner is posted. I love this argument. ALL indicators are derivatives of price, volume sitting there is waiting for what?

Keep the jokes coming, i enjoy this. Will check in every few days for more fun.

#281     Dec 4, 2007
  2. BigH.

The way you put it, price movement could occur only in a vaccum.

Think about how a market works. It's supply and demand. Volume is the catalyst.

It cant get any simpler than this.

It's like having an explosion with no fire. The oxygen is there, the TNT is there....however there's no CATALYST.

This is what makes trading breakouts a two part game.

There's different types of markets. Breakouts in declining markets and breakouts in advancing markets.

One will obviously more profitable than the other for the simple reason of supply and demand depending upon which way you choose.

In addition, markets work toward areas of least resistance. (Think about that for a second)

#282     Dec 4, 2007
  3. Avi 8

Avi 8

Really, that's funny? How? What consumed supply then? Price? Is that it, Price consumed supply? Now that IS funny!

Did you even read this to yourself first?
    Say it out loud and tell us what it sounds like.

So you are saying if price sits at the best bid and best ask and does not move there is no volume? What market are you trading? Or are you saying if the ask is hit then the bid then the ask again that this IS price movement?

#283     Dec 4, 2007
  4. cd23

cd23

#284     Dec 4, 2007
  5. Jack, if you were waiting for me to post as me so you could post as you after our long mutual hiatus (my operation was a success), here is your fucking permission slip. Using an alias is SO not you. I mean, you are fucking JACK HERSHEY, for Christ's sake! I am just a FISH! So please, cut the crap, and post as my hero, which would be YOU. And my long standing offer to have a debate is still open, if we can find an alias of mine you don't have on ignore.

P.S.: As a long term stoont of yours, I notice that when you change handles you feel more comfortable espousing ideas which diverge from your previous conventional orthodontics, to wit, your recent specious and unsubstantiated remarks about the profitability of non-RMH trading. Please permit me to recommend a cosmetic procedure I had done while I was gone. I got a second dick, so I feel more comfortable holding both my shorts AND my longs. Admit it, Jack. You are as a-dickted to ET as I am. And hopefully ET missed our hilarity, although in your case as always the humor is unintentional.

#285     Dec 4, 2007
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

calm down, it's just a bot trying to imitate our famous Jack. Doing a fair job but it's like listening to a drum, sounds good but it's all empty inside when you take a closer look. :D

#286     Dec 5, 2007