Price traded thru bid/ask

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by laputa, Aug 27, 2007.

1. laputa

laputa

I got one @3.4815 and one @3.4970

Ouch...

#11     Aug 27, 2007
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Definitely investigate further and ask for adjustment. Never had such experience.

#12     Aug 27, 2007
  3. Daal

Daal

why didnt u use marketable limit orders?now you have to hope its above their boundries and they dont say its past the maximum time(I believe its 5 minutes maybe more)

#13     Aug 27, 2007
  4. laputa

laputa

I think I should start doing that.

#14     Aug 27, 2007
  5. laputa

laputa

IB said they checked price at COMEX and "those price were effectively paid" and nothing is wrong with those trades and won't adjust.

What does that suppose to mean?

I see bid above ask right before my execution price why would this happen?

Also I see there are many trades that went thru well below the latest bid/ask. Is this somthing wrong?

I am very weak at decipering the Time and Sales windows. Please help!

Attached a snapshot of the T&S. Please ignore the "simulated trading" water mark, I'm using the simulated account to fire up the time and sales window.

#15     Aug 27, 2007
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

In fact, were you talking about 8:21 CT or ET??? I thought you just had the problem when you posted it.

At 8:21 ET, price actually got to the level you said. If it's the case, you just bought in the middle of a spike when there usually are no asks around, inducing a tremendous amount of slippage.

I don't know for your T§S

#16     Aug 27, 2007
  7. Inversion is not the norm but it does happen, especially in a fast market. Was this feed O.K. when you pulled or were they having problems?

If you are unhappy you can call for an adjustment or courtesy bust at the time of the trade. You would need to call you broker for this and they will then call the exchange to facilitate this action.

Then again, they might look at your trade price at that time and if that is the fair value at that time, based on their formula then your trade might stand.

You need to find out your options when requesting a trade bust/adjust.

#17     Sep 2, 2007