Price Prediction Game: Would You Play This?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nwoke, Jun 28, 2011.

1. So if someone is not 21 years old, and not the minor too, they can play because no real money can be the reward? Not gambling.

#11     Jun 29, 2011
  2. Nwoke

Nwoke

>> I can choose for example only to make the bet for one month price for the security I choose?

The above is correct.

For every prediction, you'll be able to select the time you want to predict for, from a restricted list: something like 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 16 weeks, etc. This slight restriction is to ensure that the bets are evenly distributed over time, so we can draw a smooth graph of projected price over the next few months, and compare it with reality later.

>> So if someone is not 21 years old, and not the minor too, they can
    >> play because no real money can be the reward? Not gambling.

Yes.

#12     Jun 29, 2011
  3. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you will see many people play, then quit. And you will see many good players stay. So for to be accurate maybe you have to wait a long time from when the game start to find many good players join the game. Then you have to do the weighted average of many good players (only) and no mix with other players. Then when more players prove they have good predictions, you add them to the the separate good players.
    So I think maybe this will be accurate if you have patience to wait for accumulate many good players, and separate their bets in the weighted average.

#13     Jun 29, 2011
  4. as678

as678

So its a ploy to pre-empt the markets eh?

#14     Jun 30, 2011
  5. Nwoke

Nwoke

That's one way to put it, I guess. It's an experiment to see if you can use crowd-sourcing to reliably predict future prices, and it could also be a good way to practice your speculative skills without risking any money.

#15     Jul 4, 2011