Price of Insituttional/Hedge Fund TA Tools

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by dima777, Sep 10, 2015.

1. dima777

dima777

Hello!
    I wonder if you knwo what is the price of the monthly subscription of the technical analysis tools used most frequently in the hedge fund industry.

For example here is the list from the recent Technical Analyst Awards:

Best Independent Research House for FX

Finalists:

BBSP • FuturesTechs • Market Chartist • PIA First • Tradermade Systems • Trading Central • United-ICAP

Winner:

PIA First

I wonder if anyone know what is their typical monthly subscription price for the institutional clients?

For example - Trading Central - how much they change?

D

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Dude,

What's wrong with you ?

It's been established here at Elitetrader.com by many individuals that hedge funds, institutional traders do not use TA with their other trading resources. I beg of you to close this thread and not discuss this any further so that the myth can remain.

If the word got out about what they use to help with their trade decisions...there will be chaos. Please...keep the myth alive. :cool:

By the way, tough to find info on Trading Central even though many hedge funds, asset managers and institutional trading firms in Europe and Asia use them. Thus, seems like they only cater to professional or institutional clients.

I heard about them last year from an institutional friend that said their firm had just started using them. Yet, there was no other info from him about them.

Some quick research is that they are a unit of an institutional trading firm that markets the service to other professional clients but I'm clueless to what firm that is.

Some software has some of their TA stuff embedded within...you could just call one of those software companies to see if they're willing to give you any private info about the Trading Central. Yet, I doubt they will tell you how much Trading Central has charge them.

Whomever they are...they're working with a lot of professionals.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  3. dima777

dima777

Yes - thank you very much for your extended and thoughtful reply - I really do hope someone here can answer what the price is of the Trading Central. As for using TA - a lot of the hedge funds use model portfolios as well as the quantitative strategies drawn from traditional TA? A lot of the CTAs use the TA - why you think they might not use it???

PS: All is fine with me:)