price of Hsi J7 at IB tws

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by robinxing, Apr 25, 2007.

1. I could chase the price or it might hit the absolute "worst case" stop market order.

#21     Apr 27, 2007
  2. I'm think that the edemo at IB only presents "replays" of real-time data from the week before.
    I'm pretty sure I read that in their explanation of the edemo, so you get the feel of what it's like to get quotes and place orders, in a "real-time" environment, but the prices that are being displayed in a "real-time" fashion are actually just a replay of one of the trade days from the previous week.
    I think you should also understand that the data IB delivers in real-time is what is called data "snapshots," three times a second they send out a price. SOme people complain, they want to see every tic, but believe me, in a fast market, my cpu bogs down (I run trade station) and I am opening an account at IB just so I can see price during headline releases, because there are times with TS that calculations updated realtime are overwhelmed by the number of individual tics delivered that need to be calculated. This can cause (sometimes not all the time) charts to freeze while the cpu catches up with the tic data flow. TradeStation blames my problem on me overburdening my measley pentium4, 1 gig ram) SO I am opening an account at IB, too.

#22     Apr 27, 2007
  3. not edemo

it is paper account

#23     Apr 27, 2007
  4. joesan

joesan

I am also trading HSI with ATS , I am sure Def's comments has fully answered the original question.

#24     Apr 30, 2007
  5. Def answered your question long ago.

You still keep asking the same question.

Please learn to read instead of chasing people for answers.

If you can't read, no one can help you.

#25     May 3, 2007