Price of food is causing world revolutions

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Grandluxe, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Yes, it did.

#21     Mar 1, 2011
  2. Bernanke is clinically insane. His insanity is destroying the savings of people worldwide. His policy in 2008 was actually helpful. But now, he is fucking insane. He is creating the ultimate commodity bubble of all time. First it will rob the people worldwide. Then, when it crashes, farmers and producers will be left out in the cold, which will cause shortages. What a fucking insane man.

#22     Mar 1, 2011
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Of course there is a part of speculation in it and this part is increasing, but first it's not a brand new phenomenon( see gold, sugar... in the early 80s ) and at that time there wasn"t the amount of speculation( and liquidity )that what we have now.

So my point is ban speculation if you want, but for the most part you will still have the same kind of volatility. It's not because you have 3 merchants in a room instead of 50 that the price will remain stable.

#23     Mar 2, 2011
  4. I knew somebody will post this. If not, I would have posted this in other thread.

I think that would shit equal to weight of some 3,000 world trade center buildings (WTC)

#24     Mar 2, 2011
  5. Price of food in countries experiencing civil unrest will obviously be on the rise.

In the US we ship in food from all over the world and everything is always in season. We pay a premium for access and our costs have risen.

#25     Mar 2, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

they only do so because benny has offered cheap money to all (well, to the privileged).

#26     Mar 2, 2011
  7. It is impossible for demand to drop 5 times ($147/$32)

Think again

It is all speculation lead by GS

#27     Mar 2, 2011
  8. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...ts-rose-20-from-year-ago-challenger-says.html

Feds have cheap'n the paper and flooded the world with the dollar.
    Inflation is every where and the AGI world shows it.

However, in the US, even with inflation at 5%, we have a long way to go before riots break out.

Feds policy has lead to ZERO true growth, even more unemployment and soon to be even more unemployment in the Private Sector.

The Public Sector is about to play catch up with layoffs.

Both UNEMPLOYMENT and PRICE OF FOOD is causing Revolutions.

We will see if the US experiences anything. I doubt it.

#28     Mar 2, 2011
  9. Fed is not printing money

If you look at the M1 statistics, you will see that

#29     Mar 2, 2011
  10. euclid

euclid

You need to think again. Demand doesn't need to drop 5 times for price to drop 5 times. It only needs to be less than Supply.

#30     Mar 2, 2011