Price of an algorithm for automated trading.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Unit001, Jun 9, 2009.

How much would you pay?

1. 1 million

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. 10 million

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. 100 million

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. 1 billion

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. I'll add another thing:

1. I've never met Mark Brown in person. Never called the dude or talked to him on the phone. The first interaction I had with him was in Omega-List right before I moved from LA (as a discretionary prop. trader) to Chicago (though, initially unintended, a systematic trader). Since then, I was an internet stalker of his, reading every posts he's ever made.

2. I have no real-life connections with Mark Brown. In another words, I'm not affiliated with him... what-so-ever.

3. I didn't buy the system from Mark. All I did was, got his E-mail from his website and I asked him about ways to implementing intraday trading systems. He gave me pointers about it and also a .jpg snapshot of his tick-data based trading model. I tried to reverse-engineer it and never got exactly right. What did help me was the snippets of information which got me inspired with how intraday models are developed... and made the original system I had better.

4. Alan Crary looks up to Mark Johnson. Mark Johnson looks up to Mark Brown. I look up to all 3 but...

I think I'm better than all of them... :p

:D :D :D :D :D

#41     Jun 10, 2009
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

fyi mb is back posting on the o-list again, the good ole days are coming around again.

kinda reminds me when the interest rates were 5% in the 70's took a long time for then to come back around but when they did i got on the ban wagon and borrowed like crazy....

#42     Jun 10, 2009
  3. Is mb any better in the market than he is betting horses?

I pray he is else its all a sham.

#43     Jun 10, 2009
  4. Centre College is a top 50 Liberal Arts School. Hardly fifth tier, you moron, and it's in Danville, Kentucky.

I also have taken Level II of the CFA Curiculum, Jackass.

#44     Jun 10, 2009
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

I have relaunched the OddBall Systems web site.

It is a totally free - fully automated trading system - which is fully disclosed.

To my knowledge it is the most profitable free and fully disclosed trading model presented in real time for anyone to use.

http://www.oddballsystems.com/

#45     Oct 20, 2009