"Price goes to size"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TraDaToR, Jan 5, 2011.

1. If you and a group of freinds (inventory) go into the city (join the market) are you heading to the bar with no girls or to the bar with lots of girls (available supply)??? :)

#21     Jan 5, 2011
  2. Everyone has this wrong.

Everyone.

#22     Jan 5, 2011
  3. Who cares lol? I don't watch size and could care less. Price reacts and I react. That simple. What the hell does who's right or wrong on this subject have to do with trading?

I don't understand why you're trying to make such a point on a topic that's irrelevant.

lol!

#23     Jan 6, 2011
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Agree. I don't scalp oil anymore but I recall an algo that was moving the market 4-5 ticks to big size, display an iceberg 1 tick from the big level and then consume it "slowly" by multiple 1 to 10 lots prints...It was in the overnight session, I don't know if it is still active.

#24     Jan 6, 2011
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I will make a little study in the following weeks. I will monitor any significant size I notice in the different 10 level DOMs I trade and count the number of times the market "touches" it or goes away.

If I don't tell you the results, I might be on something...:D

#25     Jan 6, 2011
  6. Blotto

Blotto

Yes. Those who can enlighten won't, and the rest cannot or will not do their own thinking.

#26     Jan 6, 2011
  7. Well, the op is proving you two wrong so there is still hope in the human race :p

#27     Jan 6, 2011
  8. I'd suggest monitoring :

1) the hit rate
    2) adverse excursions (away from the size)
    3) favorable excursions (after it went through size)

but that's just me. :)

#28     Jan 6, 2011
  9. Note that everyone here is an expert but cant print 1 realtime trade to make ten cents on anything reliably.

I used to do it, but decided there were too many lurkers making money off it.

#29     Jan 6, 2011
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

That would be interesting. It seems that when a big size is consumed, the last lots of the size are removed really fast and price jumps 3-4 ticks through immediately after.

#30     Jan 6, 2011