Price foretells tsunami wave lambda

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by deadbroke, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --------------------------------------

Q's daily chart from page 3 updated ...

Of course we won't know whether the "significant opportunity for shorties" written above is real or not for many weeks or months from now. While a few bucks of gain is good, its not what I had in mind - a decisive big buck gain is what I was looking at. So we will revisit this weeks or months from now.

only thing I've added is the arrow at extreme right in the Macd histogram indicator window to show how a weakness signal earlier was confirmed by a later breakdown.

best wishes to all traders/investors TA afficionados et al at ET

[​IMG]

#21     Oct 30, 2009

2. Thanks paperboy. :)

Can you tell me some more about the Maya stuff?

#22     Oct 30, 2009

3. Q's 15-min. chart from higher up on this same page updated ... haven't changed a single thing .... we are very close to the important Oct 2 daily low mentioned in the chart at lower right

no need for any further updates of this timeframe

[​IMG]

#23     Oct 30, 2009

4. ------------------

monthly Vix from page 2 updated ....

Behold the sheer magnificence of the 200 period moving average (green).
    Poetry for the soul - a trader/investor's best friend.

and when you've got combined weaponry of M and W 200 m.a. the slingshot can be stupendous.

[​IMG]

#24     Oct 30, 2009
  5. the weekly Vix was not shown before, but it too is poetry ...

high coeff. of restitution = slingshot champion

[​IMG]

#25     Oct 30, 2009
  6. CNBC celebs were abuzz about Vix strength. Scott Wapner is the only one with no ego whatsoever.

Vix daily is just shy of 200-day m.a. So if there is some sort of nasdaq/Dow market rebound next week they will attribute all sorts of reasons for this.

To me the reason would just be the 200-day m.a. resistance. I'm just a simpleton, what the heck do I know?

:) :D

[​IMG]

#26     Oct 30, 2009

7. sorry for the lame answer. :) :D

Here's what I've done, am doing ..... all simple stuff ...

premise is: Cash is champion for the first time in 80 years. A total drying up of DEMAND is the environment for years

any investment real estate ... adios long time ago (2006)

business sold off. Will not start a new one till Depression ends.

No debts for the last several years .. only a pot to _ in but its free and clear. Ditto for everythng else I have, autos (2) etc., same, same.

All monies owed to me have been called in and collected.

Closed BAC & other accounts at large banks. Expect all to go under.

Cash stashed in multiple locations equal to 3-yr supply of emergency funds that require no access permission from any clowns.

NO to expensive purchases. All items of value that I don't think we need, have been dumped already.

Credit cards - only 1 and requested the limit be dropped to 5k.

Minimal gold coins, mostly Yen and $. If the latter has bottomed for sure, things can only get better.

Just simple stuff ...... :)

#27     Nov 3, 2009

8. OK, so I was lucky thinking the 200 m.a. would halt the rally. I believe we have a breakout on Vix, but for this to be right, the low has to hold. So I'll wait a few more days ...

I say "lucky" because I'm disgusted with my mistakes on Qs and Dow.

I'm going to slim down my TA engine - first thing that goes is the realtime stuff, just too unreliable for me. Daily is my timeframe and even there I'm going to trim some fat off.

#29     Nov 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.