Price and Volume

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ganesh6, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Amazing coincidence. I was just about to post that there are huge parallels between this debate and the debate about God. The believers say 'God exists'. The skeptics say 'Ok, provide us with anything, one shred of proof that God exists'. The believers say 'You just have to believe!!'.

I was unaware that a full day's trading had been posted live, with each signal given with time stamps. If this is the case, someone must have a link to the specific post. That's all I have been asking for, so if someone has the link, please don't hide your light!! Post that bad boy up here and force me to alter my life for the next 6 months. I have a historical data source. I can go back and look at the day and track the trades.

Given that this would be a revolutionary event in the intraday trading world, I have to believe that someone bookmarked that post or series of posts. It would be one trading day.

(Holding my breath...)

#51     Jan 5, 2008
  2. You have to learn all the pieces slowly and really get them down.
    You will then start to bring the pieces together as the learning process continues.
    Spyder gave a huge amount of personal time up for anyone who wishes to put the time in.
    I am very grateful to him.
    This is a trade I did with the YM on these methods and posted.
    I entered on a point 3 and exited on the left trendline to keep profits. This trade yielded 29 Ym points.

The idea of sct would have been to re-enter where I had exited. As I had mentioned, I can see the turns often, I need much more work to become an experienced sct trader to carve the turn.
    I will carve turns in the future.
    I am not in the market all day. I am learning, and it takes a tremendous effort to see this method unfold.

Your post look sincere and that is why I am replying.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83604&perpage=6&pagenumber=1487

#52     Jan 5, 2008
  3. ehorn

ehorn

Clearly, nobody is forcing you to invest any time or effort in Jacks principles and your argument has been made many times, and with a similar level of conviction. Truly there is nothing new under the sun.

Many who study and profit from Jacks methods "BE, DO, HAVE" - And also many "BE NOT, DO NOT, HAVE NOT".

Best wishes on your journey!

#53     Jan 5, 2008
  4. If you go through Spyder's journal, say from October onwards, you will find many traders posting their real trades. I can't find the link but I am posting cnms2's trading log for 2 hours work on the day in question. You can look this up in the journal. Good luck if you decide to follow the journal, I am off now, I have lot of reading to do. Jack has been very busy posting and I love reading his stuff and working on the drills. WHY? Because I know in the end it pays dividends :D :D :D

[​IMG]

#54     Jan 5, 2008

5. Correct.

LC

#55     Jan 5, 2008

6. Your wish has been granted. I pm'ed my phone # to you so live arrangements can be made.

My personal preference is to do what has been done in the past. The markets are recorded daily on camtasia. I have a stack of CD's of them. Usually, I use them to explain the day unfolding by over writing the camtasia in a new camtasia. It takes about 40 minutes to do this "read" of the trades of the market. Those camtasias have been posted on various sites so they can be pulled down for review or whatever. Someone will put you in that loop; I will make those arrangements.

In my experience as a guest of professionals over a series of days, is that they do "get it". They REALLY "get it" after they have done what you would expect them to do a few times in real time.

You are not an exception in the infinite scheme of things; you said the magic words. You, in a moment, came to deeply understand what its all about. Helping others.

A few June's ago, a person sitting in a motel conference room, simply looked at a screen that was projecting the market for the day. At some point he read his quietly recorded trades off for the first day he looked at the ES. MAK was there and so were a few others. We all said "you get it". What we all meant was that he understood how valuable it would be if a lot of people were able to do Seamless Continuous Trading. He did the reversals right on the mark during the day and he had simply used the template to rack up 27 points as I recall. What Spyder said that first day for him was that he would pass it forward. Here in ET you have seen a very great person, a very very great person, commit to other people everything he could in their support selflessly and tirelessly and repeatedly to do what ehorn outlined succinctly from a knowledgeable vantagepoint.

Some people are denied doing this; they take care of that without us having to step in. I sweep the global bait and switchers quarterly; they get the message right away to cool it.

We are going about changing the world because it is the right thing to do. Passing forward educational help and profits to solve community problems is what it is all about.

I can hardly wait to get on your machines simply because you are going to be like Spyder, callmate, MAK, Eric (procast), David Richardson, and the team at the MERC.

#56     Jan 5, 2008
  7. Don't hold your breath. The difference is that Sebastian trades . . .

LC

#57     Jan 5, 2008
  8. Thanks for the example and I am truly happy that you are finding a way to navigate the markets intraday. As you can imagine, it's hard for me to relate this one trade to the method. I see the channels you drew. I see the larger channel being breached to the upside on the entry bar. I am not unfamiliar with channel methods and maybe nkhoi's advice shoudl be taken literally, that this is simply a channel method.

Obviously there are people getting something out of this method.

#58     Jan 5, 2008
  9. !!!

Right then!!

I'll check my PM and contact you, Mr. Hershey. I can assume you that if I am able to 'see' the method, I will learn it and I will commit $10,000 to trying it out in real time with real money to see how it works for me.

Thank you for the opportunity, I appreciate it.

#59     Jan 5, 2008
  10. ganesh6

ganesh6

Thanks for the info.

I preferred a book as I can read it during my travel days.

#60     Jan 5, 2008