Price and Volume

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ganesh6, Jan 5, 2008.

1. You might think that I was being sarcastic but nothing could be further from the truth. If you suggest that a system can give those kinds of entries, you have to understand that some people are going to look at the chart and say 'How on earth could you possibly know in advance that all of those numbers (1,2,3) would be turning points??' I am sure you know this, I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

In any case, my request is still open for a brief and readable summary of the technique.

I hear a lot that SCT is something that you need to take the time to learn but again, I believe that any system should be explainable in a few paragraphs, even if the mastery of the system is something that takes a while.

With the thousands of pages that have been written on SCT, surely there must exist a post where the system is summarized? Where can I read about the 'various clues' you mention (without having to wade through 3000 posts to do it)?

#31     Jan 5, 2008
  2. I would love it if one of you folks that does SCT could do a video EOD like Sebastian does. It would make things so much easier than trying to discern it from reading a thread. Before you say don't be lazy I have probably spent 10 hours trying to understand JH and Spyder and gave up.

I can understand traderNik's point because after spending a equal amount of time with other P/V materials it started to click. I really believe Jack and Spyder may have something, but they make it so difficult to learn, what with the verbose writing and what not, most will pass. Many learn visually as do I.

#32     Jan 5, 2008
  3. OKguy

OKguy

ET is THE funniest place on earth

You are a moderator on ET, if you even had a slightest idea how to trade you would not be a mod.

Look man I don't care, but maybe just maybe you should stop lying to yourself

#33     Jan 5, 2008
  4. Tums

Tums

#34     Jan 5, 2008
  5. OKguy

OKguy

LOL what a joke, a moderator on ET thinks he can trade SCT

you can't trade at all that's why you are a MOD

One of the reasons is that SCT is worth a single cell of E.Coli, and second reason is you can't trade even simplest method,

you need to give up your bullshit MOD job on ET and do some real screen time,

you are all victims of Jack, Mods are the biggest victims of all, at least other poor folks on ET have real jobs (I hope anyway)

#35     Jan 5, 2008
  6. Although I don't use SCT nor do I know a lot about it...

I do remember seeing at ET many brief sentences or paragraphs that summarized SCT along with a few chart examples prior to those long threads on SCT.

For example...

Spydertrader started the below long thread on 12-30-06

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83604

You can click on his Post: # to get the following...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=finduser&userid=15510

If you research his posts prior to the above thread start date of 12-30-06 you'll find brief sentences and paragraphs of different occasions that explains SCT in a few paragraphs along with info (links) to other sources outside of ET about SCT.

I did the search and it took me about 5mins to find the info.

Mark

#36     Jan 5, 2008
  7. OKguy

OKguy

Let me guess Tums, you trade SCT, You are so full of money from trading SCT that you are spending your saturday on ET

You make 3 times daily range and no loss, you must have made A TON yesterday LOL

#37     Jan 5, 2008
  8. Thanks but that's where I spent the 10 hours. Where are the videos I believe Spyder said he would do? I thought I read something about that 1-2 months ago? The only one I saw was from the guy who was frustrated and packed it in, can't recall his name.

#38     Jan 5, 2008
  9. Tums

Tums

On the contrary, I DO NOT trade SCT. Not yet. I have stated this many times, in various threads on ET.

Only the noobest noob will be concerned with making a lot of money.

#39     Jan 5, 2008
  10. Thanks Tums

BTW, I don't necessarily believe that the fact that callmate is recommending that people look into SCT means that he isn't a trader. There are plenty of real traders on here who spend time talking to beginners for no reason other than they see a question which they figure they can answer. Altruism probably isn't the most common trait among successful traders but it does exist.

Also, it's true; I am highly skeptical about the idea that any system could show in advance where each leg of every move swings up or down. There's a difference between sketicism and sarcasm. However, that doesn't mean for a second that a trader couldn't construct a profitable trading plan based on SCT theory. Maybe there are people who study it and then the light bulb goes on for them personally and it triggers something which allows them to trade successfully.

I will believe that each of those swings can be traded when I see someone trading them in real time. I am not holding my breath that I'll be seeing that any time soon. If such a Camtasia file existed, it would be the most visited link on this or any trading site.

I too heard that such videos would be posted but they never materialized.

#40     Jan 5, 2008