Price and Volume

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ganesh6, Jan 5, 2008.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

remember how you learn to read when you were a kid? you read out loud, right? So when you are fluent in reading you don't have to do that any more.

#21     Jan 5, 2008
  2. In which case they are not "price action only" traders.

Volume provides information that pivot points, candlesticks, etc, do not. Simple as that. One can do without it, but that's not the point of the thread.

LC

#22     Jan 5, 2008
  3. Can you tell me where the entries would have been for this day, so that I can compare my own entries and see if they correlate or not?

#23     Jan 5, 2008
  4. Spyder, can you tell me if the Jack Hershey system tells students that they should be taking multiples of the daily range out of the markets in profit every day if they are trading the system correctly? If so, can you tell me what that multiple is?

If this is not the case, then then there has been a serious misunderstanding because I hear this a lot.

Also, can you tell me if there exists an example, either in thread form or in Camtasia, of the system being traded in such a manner that we can see the entries in real time by yourself or one of the other SCT instructors?

Thanks
    Nik

#24     Jan 5, 2008
  5. I like Techniques of Tape Reading by Vadynm and Graifer ( check spelling ) for price volume. It's on Amazon.

If you review the thread by VSA trader, look it up, Sebastian does a good job of actually posting videos EOD on price action on the ES for price volume. Hopefully he will update again starting next week.

Tom Williams has a good book Master the Markets you can buy from tradeguider dot com or search around for a free download E book that deals with price volume very well.

db phoenix has some very nice work here on ET and Trade2win dot com on p/v as well.

Spyder's thread has some good points, but I can't read a chart with that much stuff on it, too cluttered for my eyes. If it works for others that's great. Maybe I will give it another go in the future.

Some tape read with price and volume, some with price and T & S. I prefer volume. It takes a lot of practice. I am just starting my third month and using volume definitely clarifies things better.

Mark I took a look at your work on WRB recently and I believe, correct me if I am wrong?, that you use WRB and price to take the place of price and volume. That makes sense because some of the same p/v reversal candles are wide range candles.

#25     Jan 5, 2008
  6. Ok, Spyder and callmate, I'll tell you what. I believe that I should be able to grasp the essentials of any decent intraday system within a very short time, less than an hour.

Is there an explanation of the system somewhere in all the Jack Hershey and SpyderTrader threads? If so, can you give me a link? I'll take a look at it tomorrow while I'm watching my sports.

Re: those charts, I assume that the spots marked FTT are your entries? I would really like to know where the entries are for this day.

#26     Jan 5, 2008
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

entry is at #1 and if you miss it then #3.

#27     Jan 5, 2008
  8. Regardless to what a price action only trader calls themselves considering many Price & Volume traders at ET are on record for calling themselves "price only traders"...

That's not the point.

The point is that the thread starter asked for info about Price & Volume.

I and others posted links to such info.

The other point that I included is that if someone chooses to go beyond Price & Volume when they are ready for such after many years of trading via Price & Volume...

They can trade via Price itself (no indicators, no volume, no candlesticks, no pivots et cetera) and see all that stuff in just the price action itself.

Once again, I'm talking about a higher level of trading but before a trader can get there...

Price & Volume, Price & Candlesticks, Price & S/R Levels, Price & Seasonals or any other combo (dozens more) is a great place to start.

Nothing to debate...some traders are very effective with Price in combo with something else or with Price all by itself.

I'm mainly the latter (price all by itself) although I can use Price with any of the other stuff I've mentioned if I choose to do so (sometimes I do).

However, as I said before, there are a few good threads on Price & Volume whereas everything else about Price all by itself or in combo with something else is scatter throughout ET along with being debated about which is better.

Kind'uv reminds me of two firm traders at a party (both making 6 figure incomes) debating about which is better...Price & Volume or Price all by itself.

One of them using Price & Volume while the other using Price all by itself (nothing else)...

Both works and both are just as effective.

Mark

#28     Jan 5, 2008
  9. Wow... any 1 or 3 is an entry? So you are essentially always in the market? You're catching every swing??

Amazing...if this is the system then it is true that you are taking multiples of the daily range out of the market every day, since you could be long while placing your short for the next swing.

I wonder how you figure out when the market is going to turn with such accuracy?

#29     Jan 5, 2008
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

I hear the skepticism in your voice but I just merely answer your question where is the entry. Ok back to how to figure it out when, you wait until market tells you by sending out various clues. And you only take action when you have enough number of clues. Notes, some read clues faster than others, practice! practice! :)

#30     Jan 5, 2008