Price Action

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Outlawed_One, Mar 19, 2010.

1. And you know this for a fact? Has he posted a statement showing such profit? or are you simply just taking his word for it?

#61     Jul 24, 2010
  2. jmonday

jmonday

i have witnessed more than enough live calls and screen shots to put my doubts at ease.

his continued display of selflessness and never asking a penny for his help/serices/mentorship even to this day is another reason i have no doubts.

#62     Jul 24, 2010
  3. jmonday

jmonday

to say his method sucks is so off base i don't even know how to respond to it.

your attitude is unfortunate and is most likely what is keeping you from higher level of success in your endeavors.

#63     Jul 24, 2010
  4. piezoe

piezoe

I don't know where his ET threads are. Did you do a search? They are probably old and may have been deleted.

See: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/price-volume/19052-dbphoenix-book-3.html

Look at the dpPhoenix post and there is a pdf you can download. He tells you how to contact him in that post.

I found his writing on price and volume to be useful and correct, however keep in mind that much of his material was written some years ago and the impact of auto-trading via computers has altered the character, at least to some extent, of many of the markets.

All in all, dbPhoenix is one of the few worth reading.

#64     Jul 24, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Good thread.

Thanks Ironfist for the link to your thread too.

#65     Jul 24, 2010
  6. Specterx

Specterx

Anek still trades daily in a chatroom with 20-30 people, most of whom met through the AHG thread.

The stuff in the thread is very, very basic, but as good of a day-one-level intro to PA as you'll find.

#66     Jul 24, 2010
  7. Specterx

Specterx

Does dbphoenix actually trade? Not throwing stones, but I've never seen any live calls etc. from the guy, so it'd be interesting to hear from someone who has.

#67     Jul 24, 2010
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I think you can say that about 95% of those that have posted any information about their trade methodology...

You won't see them make any live calls nor brokerage statements except for a few. Regardless, it doesn't matter if dbphoenix does or not...what matters is has anyone benefited in some way from the information he's discussed. Many (not all) have said yes.

By the way, I do remember him once posting live calls but as soon as he did...it was interesting because the viewership or interest level suddenly dropped even though the trades were winners. He quickly announced he wouldn't do live calls again and I believe that was because the readership level had suddenly declined.

You also need to realize he was already (prior to the live calls) making a consistent habit of responding to readers questions about Price Action and Volume. There was a ton of questions. As soon as he started doing a few live calls...he wasn't responding to as many questions in comparison to prior to the live calls...maybe that's why the readership views dropped dramatically.

In fact, I've seen such happen to many others here at ET. Those that make live calls or show statements aren't as popular as those that don't. It's just weird. In case you're curious, I don't use his trading approach, I don't use volume and I disagree with some of his personal concepts about supply/demand.

P.S. He doesn't post here any more. He post over at Traderslaboratory.com and I haven't seen any live calls over there.

Mark

#68     Jul 24, 2010