Price Action

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Outlawed_One, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Let's please keep this thread on topic and leave your flaming (all of you) to somewhere else. I cleaned up some of the stupid posts that didn't belong here. Please don't make me do the same with users.

Thank you.

#51     Mar 21, 2010
  2. charts

charts

... price action :)

#52     Mar 21, 2010
  3. His trading has evolved since the thread.

#53     Mar 22, 2010
  4. deaddog

deaddog

Gentlemen:

What information is it that I can’t get from a chart that you are able to see on the Time&Sales or wherever you get your info?

I watch price move on a chart. 5 minute mostly but look at longer time frames right out to weekly.

I define reading price action as making trading decisions based on how price reacts to previous S $ R levels.

Just curious as to what advantage you feel you have.

#54     Mar 25, 2010
  5. jmonday

jmonday

That thread was the evolution of his trading. He no longer trades like that thread suggests, it has evolved since then. He can call tops and bottoms, and very accurately. He does not use stops anymore, nor does he have to, he is that good now. Incorporating volume increased his accuracy from ~40% to near 90%. By now I doubt if he ever takes a loss b/c his money management is so superior if he's ever wrong (which i doubt), he can get out of his position and still be in the black. He had to move away form NQ b/c he hit liquidity issues on fills. He was trading 300+ ES cars just last year, probably much more now.

His methods in that thread take many years to learn b/c screen time is the biggest edge and its also very discretionary.

Yes I have spoken to him on multiple occasions in an AHG chat room and in a private sessions more than a few times.

#55     Apr 13, 2010
  6. jmonday

jmonday

who says he is not even a trader and his charts are posted after the fact?

#56     Jul 23, 2010
  7. I did a search for the AHG thread and he says on page one that he doesnt like to use indicators, then on page two, he posts a chart riddled with indicators http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1537294 . lol...ok. Is it worth reading? Did he blow up or something? He hasnt posted in over a year and a half.

kon

#57     Jul 23, 2010
  8. jmonday

jmonday

if you call being retired, trading 150 ES cars a pop swing trading when your bored at home and kids are at school....sure.

#58     Jul 23, 2010
  9. His method sucks. I read jmonday's post, I thought he was sarcastic, realized he was being real. Another shill for anek who probably couldn't shift $2 to his account trading ES.

I do know price action, and that is verifable.

#59     Jul 23, 2010
  10. Anyone know where I can find the volume and price action threads from DbPhoenix?

#60     Jul 23, 2010