Price Action v Indicators

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mgabriel01, Nov 17, 2007.

1. tortoise

tortoise

Paul Rotter says he uses CCI. Whether he actually DOES or not is another question.

#31     Nov 18, 2007
  2. You're missing the point, he was referring to the fact that psychology is the part where most drop the ball....

There are quite a few methods out there that can work....you just have to have the balls to trade your method properly.

The key to trading- Don't be a dumbass.

#32     Nov 18, 2007
  3. BSAM

BSAM

:) Some things are worth repeating.

#33     Nov 18, 2007
  4. BSAM

BSAM

:) Like I said.....

#34     Nov 18, 2007
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Four things most new traders find hard to grasp / sort out:

#1 The market is random.

#2 Trading is simple.

#2 Everything works some of the time.

#3 Nothing works all of the time.

#35     Nov 18, 2007
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Reading that interview of his about 2.5 years ago is what made me look at cci.

#36     Nov 18, 2007
  7. Of all the commonly known indicators I tested CCI was possibly the best.

Still did not find any edge that justified the usage. Interestingly enough many say they have, but to this day no one is willing to prove it :) In summary, it is either an illusion that is fooling the trader in thinking there is superiority or the edge is kept secretly guarded and I failed to realized it during my testing.

Anek

#37     Nov 18, 2007
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmmmm.....It just couldn't be that the price action was causing the CCI to give a signal.....Or could it? ;-)

Most likely it is an edge that is "kept secretly guarded" by Little George Bush, Dick Cheney, and a very select few here on ET. I'm guessing they've all used it to trade Halliburton.

#38     Nov 18, 2007
  9. That was my conclusion of the studies, yep.

Anek

#39     Nov 18, 2007
  10. Hi TL Trader,
    What do you suggest for forex traders where volume is basically rendered useless?

#40     Nov 19, 2007