Price Action. Please clarify something for me

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sgsaxton, Mar 28, 2006.

1. I can sure accept this part, that is the 'turn on a dime' part:

(Chart analysis should be a cumulative, evolving process, the last bar is part of the whole and the sum of those parts are indeed greater than the individual bar. Having said that, as traders we also recognize that price can indeed turn on a dime, a bar...

-Stephen

#31     Apr 1, 2006
  2. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

Stephen,

Go download a J-Trader demo somewhere. Try Global Futures or Lions Futures....or any Broker that offers J-Trader. You will need to find the "Hot Quotes" window.

Also....NinjaTrader has it. I have been trying NinjaTrader lately....but I am not ready to give up my J-Trader though. Ninja also has the ACV....and it is handier....right on the Dome. And their Simulator is one of the more Realistic Sims available.

NinjaTrader has a Free Simulator....not just a Demo.

VSTscalper

#32     Apr 1, 2006
  3. #33     Apr 1, 2006
  4. Nobody has mentioned this... :)

support/resistance = price equilibrium.
    Pure price action take on things without need for volume study.

expansion/contraction = velocity.
    Analyzed over a period determines buying and/or selling pressure, again without need for volume study.

Osorico

#34     Apr 1, 2006
  5. It can, but it doesn't very often. Most often price will slow down first, and then turn, if it does.

#35     Apr 1, 2006
  6. For some reason I get:

Java Applet Failed

or

Internet Explorer can not download from

openPATSWindow();
    No such interface supported

This doesn't sound good,

-Stephen

#36     Apr 1, 2006
  7. Trying to get a demo of Ninja Trader 5 to work now.

-Stephen

#37     Apr 1, 2006
  8. Actually, it may slow down or not, but will then most often turn, test the most recently-made swing point, then resume the move. Which is why buying higher lows and selling lower highs is surer than trying to pick tops and bottoms.

#38     Apr 1, 2006
  9. cnms2

cnms2

Check this: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1026187#post1026187

#40     Apr 1, 2006