Price action leading up to the dump at 10AM

Discussion in 'Trading' started by failed_trad3r, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Now can anybody tell me how to predicted the rally 1.45-2pm!!! that happened just now..I wish to know:confused: :confused:

#41     Feb 25, 2010
  2. Don't predict, react to high probability turning points and subsequent strong breakouts.

#42     Feb 25, 2010
  3. There goes the Algo! No volume buy up right around 1:45PM again! You can't go wrong with this obviousness.

Unless, of course, you attribute the 1% up move to the rumor about an apple stock 1for 4 split. LOL!

#43     Feb 25, 2010
  4. that happens on EVERY down day. Even if the day still ends down, the algo kicks in right around that time as soon as it sniffs no volume and knows it can move the market and get all the TA guys jumping on.

#44     Feb 25, 2010
  5. bigpapi

bigpapi

bighog

algo, hogwash, apple split rumor double hogwash.

Was a simple breakout, no mystery, besides who cares why?

When someone does not anticipate a move at their numbers.........they sit there and wonder what just happened. DUH!!!!

Sideways now, below 1095.50 is your short, above 1098.00 is your long.

You anticipate, you place you bet and you take you chances. If wrong so what............. This is sideways nonsense now.........traders picking each others pockets until another breakout.......if we get one.

This post will self destruct in 10 minutes

Not quite paning out, hoping it does

#45     Feb 25, 2010
  6. Gcapman

Gcapman

#46     Feb 25, 2010
  7. this is a special form of insanity today, completely unpredictable :(

#47     Feb 25, 2010
  8. That's because you trade. Traders have to live with it.

Just searching for stocks making some top or ripe for last minute squeeze. Still 45 mins left to finish decent.

#48     Feb 25, 2010
  9. Don't think so. This is going up up. No way the cartel lets it crash.

#49     Feb 25, 2010
  10. bigpapi

bigpapi

I went long the q's after $spx entered the 1098 level (which was right around the pivot point I noticed) it was a nice trade, the q's went from .41 to .57 in a couple of mins, nice call bighog!

I sold at .57 which was the next pp for the q's and lo and behold it's creeping back down after touching it. There's something about those pivots points ...

Now if you can update this post throughout the day I will be in good shape :cool:

#50     Feb 25, 2010