Price action leading up to the dump at 10AM

Discussion in 'Trading' started by failed_trad3r, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Don't usually look for this but as the ES DOM dried up, I did see some size hitting the bid (1100x1100.25) couple seconds before the 10:00 am move to 1097. Guess they knew something.

#31     Feb 24, 2010
  2. Gcapman

Gcapman

Shorts are working just fine......:cool:

#32     Feb 24, 2010
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I remember the 90's when a news release of any kind would drive the market crazy in seconds.. now you have time to make coffee practically...

The break of the range of the first fifteen minutes was significant today because everybody is waiting for the housing release and things are twitchy. There is more speculation in the first half hour than after that. In normal economic times that release is not significant but things are economically twitchy nowadays and the housing stats drive stock prices which drives the futures.. The housing release was negative and after the release there was the usual 7:00 am noise which was good for getting a better price on the short...

What surprises me is how price after that ran up farther than down, maybe lots of traders jumped on the housing stat release short but people with more experience know that it's not that significant and they manage more money and they drove the market back up...

#33     Feb 24, 2010
  4. Yeah, I can see that. :D

#34     Feb 24, 2010
  5. Gcapman

Gcapman

Keep watching rookie......

#35     Feb 24, 2010
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

I think that was triggered when Ben clicked his heels together 3 times :D

#36     Feb 24, 2010
  7. Is that before or after he performs the secret handshake ?

#37     Feb 24, 2010
  8. if it could be gamed then you'd be rich

are you rich?

#38     Feb 24, 2010
  9. One's gotta love ET: all the clowns set themselves afire just because their ego says so. And I don't even have to pay admission tickets to the circus. :D

#39     Feb 25, 2010
  10. Gcapman

Gcapman

Shorts are looking even better........... :p

I'll help you out with some money for the admission tix...

#40     Feb 25, 2010