Price action leading up to the dump at 10AM

Discussion in 'Trading' started by failed_trad3r, Feb 23, 2010.

1. A Volume Sequence which began at 16:00 (previous day) Eastern Time ended at exactly 9:55 AM Eastern Time.

- Spydertrader

#11     Feb 23, 2010
  2. But bro, when you ever bet real significant money on your beliefs

1. Going in your favor(or trend) is absolutely meaningless. You need to have a stop and you need to get out when it moves 'such' amount against you before finally going in your favor.
    2. Bulls are manipulative to bears and vice-versa. 'Manipulation' occurs all the time in all time frames. How exactly do you differentiate a real move from a 'manipulative' one?

PS: lots of aftermarket earnings these days. why not just trade and post here the executions?

#12     Feb 23, 2010
  3. You can tell manipulation, such as stop raiding, accu or distrib, by watching volume and prices. which is very attention intense.

I did trade news with stop-limit order before with limited success and I gave up.

Here is in my mind to trade news some day with a high risk account.
    Bet on the direction of trend plus PA before the news, stop for profit, no stop loss to avoid being raided. :D

#13     Feb 23, 2010
  4. risky63

risky63

stradle w/stops
    buy @ 1107.25
    sell@ 1104.25
    doing this in forex will usually get you "whipsawed"
    es is much better
    made 8.5 points in 30 minutes

#14     Feb 23, 2010
  5. bigpapi

bigpapi

If it makes you feel any better same thing happened to me last week, I had 7 short positions and all of a sudden right around 10:30 the market reversed and kicked my butt. I just changed my positions and was able to make up some losses, by the time I realized what was going on I had already lost some $$$.

Don't get discouraged when this happens, just jump ship and find good trades on the other side (as long as your head is straight and you're not "revenge trading").

#15     Feb 23, 2010
  6. I wonder if any dare to enter in a position on the CL before the 10:30am EST weekly wednesday oil numbers release?

#16     Feb 23, 2010
  7. ES/NQ closed their respective gaps a few minutes before the news release. In essence, they were "reset" before the news and then "anything" could happen when the report hit the tape. "Anything" for today was DUMP! jmho

#17     Feb 23, 2010
  8. hey minidowtrader...you soley focusing on trading the YM or...?

#18     Feb 23, 2010
  9. Mvic

Mvic

LOL another brilliant elite trader tried trading the news was handed a 300 point YM move against his position before he could get out. Classic ET. Most successful day traders don't trade the news instead trade the reaction to it.

#19     Feb 23, 2010
  10. No, but the CL will trade at 65 by the end of March before rebounding--Geithner told me.

#20     Feb 23, 2010