Preventing www.logmein.com from disconnecting

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by WhiteOut56, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Just for the sake of dodging the $70/ year charge? Wow.

#11     Mar 11, 2011
  2. It must be so sad for you not being able to hold onto a lasting personal relationship because of your insatiable need to stir up an argument. That and your uncanny ability to talk out of both sides of your mouth at the exact same time. Amazing.

Not that you care or that you would ever make a comment in hopes of actually assisting someone . . . but

I have an office full of computer equipment and have a lot of manufacturer and wholesale catalogs sent to me because of the quantity of tech equipment I purchase for my research. I go through these mags with a fine tooth comb to find tools, software & hardware products that will make my work more efficient and in doing so I get pretty familiar with the goods being sold in each of them.

The OP asked a question and I attempted to offer a solution. Not knowing the poster I do not know his financial situation. If picking up a $10 tool assists him in solving that problem, so be it.

Myself, I have a paid version of LogMeIn that I have had for almost 6 years.

#12     Mar 11, 2011
  3. No matter how much you have, if $10 can save you $70 and the time cost of doing that doesn't negate the savings, you'd be a fool not to save the money.

#13     Mar 11, 2011
  4. Have you tried any of the other paid remote access programs like gotomypc or gotoassist? If so how do they compare to paid version of Logmein?

#14     Mar 11, 2011
  5. I'm trying Team Viewer now. Jury is still out yet.
    My partner has GoToMeeting and likes it but I think he's switching to LogMeIn when he subscription is up. Our primary use is remote access and screen sharing.

#15     Mar 11, 2011
  6. If you have access to a Linux box you can use ssh tunnels combined with either VNC or even better FreeNX server. I've completely replaced all of the LogMeIn enabled computers on my network because you have so much more control over the remote services. Your trading computer can still be running Windows but you would need a VNC server on it also. RealVNC makes a free one for Windows that works well. If you don't want VNC on Windows you could always use remote desktop protocol instead. The security is more complicated in this setup but once you have it configured properly it is secure and performs well.

#16     Mar 11, 2011
  7. That's all well and good, and you're indeed a fountainhead of knowledge about technology. But the obvious intent of the software vendor is to sell its product for $70/year. Presumably they have expenses to pay, just as your business does. Yes, one can haxor around them, just as one can download warez PDFs of trading books. My surprise was only that you'd recommend such a course to the OP.

#17     Mar 11, 2011
  8. You really are a worthless piece of human flesh you know it.

LogMeIn already has a setting under the preferences tab to adjust the timeout feature outside of the default 20 minute setting. No one is suggesting anyone circumvent their process of selling their tool. The free version allows you to adjust this time frame for a reason. THEY BUILT THAT FEATURE INTO THE TOOL THEMSELVES NUMBNUTS!

If you had the brains God gave a grasshoppers ass you would understand that.

#18     Mar 11, 2011
  9. Ah! That reminds me, you're a pious, God-fearing man -- so let's read together from Ephesians 4:

2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient... 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another...

#19     Mar 12, 2011
  10. Your ability to talk out of both sides of your mouth at the exact same time only supersedes your ego.

You started this flaming tirade as you always do. I hold no bitterness or anger toward you just pity. You start fights and then whine mercilessly when individuals poke back. I have never slandered you nor held any malice toward to like you have done toward me. Put me on ignore and go back playing with your miscreant friends. If you can't contribute something worthwhile to a thread, don't contribute anything at all.

#20     Mar 12, 2011