Pressure rises on pastor who wants to burn Quran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nutmeg, Sep 7, 2010.

1. someone should go and burn all the fucking religious books

in front of his face

#31     Sep 9, 2010
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Exactly. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, but what kind of effect the act will have.

If later an Afghan blows up 20 US soldiers as a response to the book burning, will somebody go and shot this idiot in the face???

I also thought that Christianity was a religion of piece and forgiveness but I was always bad at history.... :)

P.S.: This is a quarrel between 2 religious groups, so why are we using logic and sensible arguments??? :confused:

#32     Sep 9, 2010
  3. Burning books is silly and will accomplish nothing. President Obama needs to call a meeting with all middle east leaders, including those from radical Islam. Here's what he should say:
    Ok, boys, heres the deal. We're pulling out and leaving you fella's to settle your own disputes. Do what you will. However, should the United States be attacked in anyway, shape or form, we will kill every god damn one of you, and we won't lose a man in the process.
    He should then get up and leave.

#33     Sep 9, 2010
  4. Mercor

Mercor

The State Department needs to put together a film clip showing burnt and destroyed Quran's due to Islam suicide bombers and Islam bombings of Masque's.

They should show these burnt books and then show the cleric's behind the violence. Let them attack the clerics for Quran destruction.

#34     Sep 9, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Capital does not want us out. The resources of the region are vital to future profits. Not to mention today's oil.

#35     Sep 9, 2010
  6. I should have been more clear. I was talking about pulling out the military for starters. We should then be aggressivley converting all 18 wheelers, buses, fleet vehicles to Nat Gas. Build 30-50 nuke plants over the next 10-15 years and mandate autos get 75 mpg by 2020, which is something we could do today if they ever took the plans off the shelf. We could be, for all pratical purposes, energy independent in the next 10 years while creating jobs, improving the environment and working towards a balanced budget if we didn't have to be kindergarten cop for the entire world.

#36     Sep 9, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

The US population alone cannot possibly raise enough effective demand to satisfy the vast pool of underutilized capital out there. It is vitally necessary that we Americans control the globe, maintaining stability everywhere appropriate to the challenge.

Edit: we wealthy Americans I meant, not the masses.

#37     Sep 9, 2010
  8. Hmm. Where have I heard something along those lines?

#38     Sep 9, 2010
  9. Mnphats

Mnphats

I support both the building of the Mosque and the burning of the Quran. While both fairly disgusting, both are protected under the constitution.

I fail to see how someone could support one and not the other. Further, would the left be in an uproar about burning bibles? Of course not, which is rank in hypocrisy.

#39     Sep 9, 2010
  10. Aren't there times when you want to abandon politics and just live your life? We've gotten to a point beyond where theres any hope of one side convincing the other of the reasonability of their beliefs towards a threshold for civil war. Who'd have ever thought that in this day and age we'd evolve away from a consensus of opinion instead of towards it. What has all this Freedom wrought? And, when you consider the alternatives are worse ...abandon all hope.

#40     Sep 9, 2010