Press Release: Interactive Brokers Increases Asian Presence

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Interactive Brokers Acquires Japan’s Moriai Securities as it Increases Asian Presence

Greenwich, CT – December 11, 2008 – Interactive Brokers announces the successful acquisition of Japan’s Moriai Securities, a fully-licensed broker-dealer. As of this week the new company will be known as Interactive Brokers Securities Japan, Inc. The acquisition will immediately allow IB to offer trading facilities to Japanese financial institutions while trading for domestic customers will be made available soon.

The acquisition is an integral part of Interactive Broker’s strategy of providing direct market access using superior technology to connect investors with an increasing number of electronic global exchanges at low commissions.

Interactive Brokers continues to expand in the Asian region. Most recently the company announced the launch of Australian CFDs (contracts for difference) on the Australian Stock Exchange. The company has opened its office in Mumbai, India where it expects to make its first customer trade in the local equity market before the end of 2008. IB also began making markets in Taiwanese equities this year and is actively trying to establish a Chinese office. Thomas Peterffy, CEO and chairman of the company said, “We want to hire more software people, computer programmers and expand our sales force.”

Unlike many other financial companies, Interactive Brokers has enjoyed a strong year-to-date, announcing record third-quarter profits through September. IB executes in excess of one million trades per day. In addition to SIPC coverage, customers’ accounts are covered by Lloyds of London insurance. The company has no exposure to mortgage derivatives or credit default swaps.

About Interactive Brokers

Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBG), together with its subsidiaries, is an automated global electronic market maker and broker specializing in routing orders and executing and processing trades. The company provides professional traders and investors with direct market access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds and funds from a single IB Universal AccountSM on over 70 market centers worldwide. Employing proprietary software on electronic exchanges worldwide, Interactive Brokers is continuously integrating its software with a growing number of exchanges and trading venues into one automatically functioning, computerized platform that requires minimal human intervention.

Press Contact:

2. I don't know. I luv ya IB and I make a lot of money with your systems and markets. But you are making me a little nervous with this.

Keep it light, tight and focus on the ball. Don't let me down! :cool: