Presidential Speech Most Dishonest In Decades

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 14, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Oh please. Random extrapolation does not add up to a cogent argument. Personal insults just get responded to in kind. You want to go that way with me?

#41     Apr 15, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

Boon Pickens couldn't even get the country going on it after he spent a wad of money on advertising. I think he ran into that crash down to $32 oil that took everyones mind off of it. Guess what, Boon. The price is back up there!

#42     Apr 15, 2011
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I read somewhere that he lost big big money there.

#43     Apr 15, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

I believe it. He was all in on that deal with the wind farms.

#44     Apr 15, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

They blamed them on Bush, why wouldn't they blame Dumbo?

#45     Apr 15, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

As long as oil is denominated in U.S. dollars and Bernanke keeps his vendetta against the U.S. dollar going I dont think that drilling is going to change much, besides holding the current price at the same levels. If somehow the U.S. could increase the World oil supply by 10% it wouldnt even bring oil prices down because by the time we did it, the U.S. dollar will be worth 10% less.

#46     Apr 15, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

The dollar is a whole story on its own. But it was the commencemt of drilling that helped cause the $140 oil go to $32 quite quickly. Then we stopped and here we are again. I think that showed that just the opening of the areas with real oil reserves has a near immediate impact on price.

#47     Apr 15, 2011
  8. The statement that a bunch of commies elected Obama is reaching, actually.

#48     Apr 15, 2011
  9. Actually I misread your handle, but your statement is still false, although my response was too strong.

#49     Apr 15, 2011
  10. Hello

Hello

Extra U.S. drilling had almost nothing to do with that move on oil from 140 to 32.... It was all about a collapse in the economy/assets, and a flight to safety in the USD.

#50     Apr 15, 2011