Presidential Candiate Frist Hopes Free Speech and Dissent are Not Seen By Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN) responded this morning to Sen. Russ Feingold’s call to censure President Bush over his warrantless spying program. Frist condemned the censure for “the signal that it sends that there is in any way a lack of support” for President Bush, and said he was “hoping deep inside that the leadership in Iran…[was] not listening.”

STEPHANOPOULOS: So you're against it. Are you going to allow it to come up for a vote?

FRIST: Well, George, this is the first I've heard about it. I really am surprised about it because Russ is just wrong. He is flat wrong. He is dead wrong. And as I was listening to it, I was hoping deep inside that that the leadership in Iran and other people who have the U.S. not in their best interest are not listening because of the terrible signal it sends.

STEPHANOPOULOS: You're saying that censure resolution weakens America abroad?

FRIST: Yes. Well, I think it does because we are right now in a war, in an unprecedented war, where we do have people who really want to take us down and we think back to 9/11 and that war on terror is out there. So the signal that it sends that there is in any way a lack of support for our Commander in Chief, who is leading us with a bold vision in a way that we know is making our homeland safer is wrong. And it sends a perception around the world and, again, that's why I'm saying as leader at least of the Republican side of this equation, that it's wrong, because leadership around the world of our sworn enemies are going to say, well, now we have a little crack there. There is no crack. The American people are solidly behind this president in conducting this war on terror.

http://www.thinkprogress.org/

2. If you are not with us, you are against us.....

Is this a democracy, or a totalitarian state?

3. Feingold is desperately trying to suck up to the kook fringe that controls the Democrat party. Criticism and debate is one thing, undermining a president who is trying to prosecute a war and protect us from terrorism is another. Our enemies must find it all hilarious. As they plot suicide bombings, kidnappings,beheadings and dream of setting off a nuke next to an american school, one of our esteemed Senators wants to toss the President out of office for the "crime" of listening in on call s to overseas terrorists.

I wish the Senate would censure Feingold himself. His sound bite contained about 7 separate lies or misstatements of fact.

As horrible as it is for Feingold to encourage our enemies for crass political purposes, it is helpful in domestic politics. Once again, we see a clear demonstration that the Democrats cannot be trusted with defending the country against terrorism.

4. Neither. Its a Republic.

- Spydertrader

5. Please let the president know, okay?

He keeps thinking he is spreading democracy around the world with the power of a Republic (an) military behind him.....

6. If George Bush thinks the USA is a democracy, then you and he appear to have something in common. The USA is a Republic - always has been. As such, the answer to your question, "Is this a democracy, or a totalitarian state?" remains: Neither.

- Spydertrader

7. He's a liberal Dem politician who is running for president. That pretty much rules out his being "principled."

At least he has told us early on that he's more concerned with legalistic technicalities than protecting the country from terrorists.

8. You must not have read very many of them. I have criticized the administration on all sorts of issues, from Iraq to Harriet Miers to overspending. But I understand that for Democrats, name -calling has become a substitute for reason and debate.

9. I guess you think you know more than Bush.

Most people do....and most people are right, because Bush is a moron.

Oh....and by the way.....

From an on line thesaurus:

http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=Republic
    4 entries found for Republic.

Main Entry: commonwealth
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: country
    Synonyms: body politic, citizenry, citizens, commonality, democracy, federation, nation, people, polity, Republic, society

10. Ditto head Alert!!! Ditto head Alert!!!

#10     Mar 13, 2006