President Truly Loathes Planet Earth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jstanton, Mar 12, 2004.

1. This is exactly the kind of mentality that is pissing off the rest of the world. Just because we live in a capitalistic society that condones free enterprise doesn't mean that there aren't repercussions from our economic actions that will affect the rest of the world.

If you want to drive an SUV that gets 15-20 miles to the gallon, that is obviously your choice as an American. However, to say that by every American choosing this choice has to ramifications on the environment or the rest of the world is a pretty erroneous assumption.

To put it bluntly, everyone's fart somehow affects the atmosphere and the environment. Obviously that is something that we, along with all animals, have been doing since the beginning of time. However, if we deserve the right to drive around gas guzzling SUVs, so does every other nation, including China.

What would happen if every Chinese person were to drive an SUV? Do you think our Earth could sustain itself?

The left may over-exaggerate a lot of claims about the environment going downhill because of man-made reasons, but just because they are exaggerating to begin with doesn't mean that there is no change occurring.

This whole, "I don't care about the rest of the world so long as I have a 300 HP engine in my SUV" mentality is eventually going to be the undoing of America if this shit continues.

I don't think the rest of the world is going to get too upset when it happens, since we're bringing it upon ourselves.

I get the impression a lot of people on the right want to gun their SUV's more and more just to piss off the left.

#21     Mar 13, 2004
  2. If you want a huge tax break incorporate a NPO (like I did) and name yourself CEO. 65% of the money coming into the NPO has to be spent on the stated intended purpose of the NPO, the rest can go to whatever the CEO wants it to. HA HA HA suckers, and I shoudn't even be flaunting this info so consider it a gift from me to you. If you would rather not waste time and money incorporating one, I'm open to the idea of splitting mine into equal shares. Your cost would be one half of the cost I've spent on the incorporation.
    rowenwood

This is the heart and soul of the environemtal movement. The IRS is auditing the Nature Conservancy and there is a massive petition circulating do revoke the NP status of PETA for terrorist acts.

Tell me again there is nothing unethical or immoral in the above quote. Talk about hypocrisy.

#22     Mar 13, 2004
  3. Turok

Turok

Doubter:
    >Tell me again there is nothing unethical or
    >immoral in the above quote. Talk about
    >hypocrisy.

I'm attempting to find the hypocrisy there Doubter but I haven't yet.

Perhaps I missed it, but Row has never written a word on this forum that I have read that would lead me to be surprised by the NPC move. It's the sort of thing I would have expected from him and rather than hypocritical, I find it incredibly consistent.

JB

PS. unethical and immoral? Yes!

#23     Mar 13, 2004
  4. Turok - To me the hypocrisy is ridiculing others for their stands and beliefs and yet personally pulling these kind of stunts. As for the environmental movement this kind of thing is definitely hurting their credibility and long term sustainability. I know lots of NP CEOS and am one myself but none of us have ever taken a dime personally from the NP for our own benefit. This type of action threatens the future of the entire NP field which is very self centered and shortsighted of our "friend".

#24     Mar 13, 2004
  5. jem

jem

If you are an evironmentalist as you can not support your beliefs or statements you are a fool.

The world is a mess because I think it is a mess. My four year old reasons better than that. You are a disgrace to your cause.

By the way I am a enviormentalist at times.

#25     Mar 13, 2004
  6. Turok

Turok

Doubter:
    >This type of action threatens the future of the
    >entire NP field which is very self centered and
    >shortsighted of our "friend".

I with you. There is always someone somewhere trying to take advange of a good thing for the wrong reason.

JB

#26     Mar 13, 2004
  7. Firstly, never did I say I wasn't a hypocrit. I'm not stupid enough to pretend I'm not, we all are. Secondly, my life goal is to raise money to buy forestland so that it will, once purchased, be preserved forever. You may consider it immoral to use my NPO as a tax shelter but like I said, I still willl have created something for the good of everyone, even you.

I would give my life for a forest would you?

I'm aware of other NPOs taking advantage of their tax situations and yes it isn't honorable, but even if I ever took advantage of my executive position, which I haven't, I will still have contributed more than you. Probably more than you ever will, or am I wrong?If you have the right to judge me, becuase you are super moral, tell me what acts of altruisim have you to be proud of.

Also, I'm out of the pocket about $4500 for this NPO thing. I don't need tax breaks and probably won't for another three years. I really don't feel I'm or I've been immoral and it saddens me to know that you don't understand my intent. You see the more money in my pocket the more I'll be able to raise through investing. In the end the money will go to where it should.

Am I immoral? I ask you honestly. I rarely ever lie. In my opinion, deceiving the governement is moral.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Doubter:

If you want a huge tax break incorporate a NPO (like I did) and name yourself CEO. 65% of the money coming into the NPO has to be spent on the stated intended purpose of the NPO, the rest can go to whatever the CEO wants it to. HA HA HA suckers, and I shoudn't even be flaunting this info so consider it a gift from me to you. If you would rather not waste time and money incorporating one, I'm open to the idea of splitting mine into equal shares. Your cost would be one half of the cost I've spent on the incorporation.
    rowenwood

This is the heart and soul of the environemtal movement. The IRS is auditing the Nature Conservancy and there is a massive petition circulating do revoke the NP status of PETA for terrorist acts.

Tell me again there is nothing unethical or immoral in the above quote. Talk about hypocrisy.

#27     Mar 13, 2004
  8. Turok
    How have I ever given you reason to think that I don't utterly stand by my statements?

You and Doubter have come to the conclusion that I'm a hypocrit when really I'm not. You don't understand my ideals goals and machinations. I've never said I'll do otherwise, and I'm $4500, soon to be $5500, deep in corporate debt because of this NPO.
    I don't earn a lot of money, I'm a student.

I guarantee anyone that doubts me that I'll accomplish more than any one of my detractors. I promise you all. We'll see in the end.

I would like you to acknowlege these statements and if you have the decency to appologize please do. Both you and Doubter are hypocrits for pretending to be righteous. In actuality you both are probably short-sighted consuming pigs like our SUV participant AAA.

I'm more bothered by your and Doubter's slander than any other slander I've been the victim of. I urge you both to be honest about this as I take it very seriously, and I'm very insulted that you're trying to make me seem immoral when I have the best intentions.

#28     Mar 13, 2004
  9. Doubter, what NPO are you involved with?

#29     Mar 13, 2004
  10. I can destroy doubter with one line:

Anyone that claims not to be a hypocrit automatically proves his or her self to be one.

HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHHHAHHAHHHAHHHAHHHAHHHAHHHAHHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

#30     Mar 13, 2004